Recovery Support Specialist
Horizon Health And Wellness
Casa Grande , AZ 85122
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
The Recovery Support Specialists main purpose is to ensure the health, safety and well-being of residential participants living in the facility through proper supervision client caseload is provided with the necessary services they need, in a coordinated and effective manner.
- Meet emergency demands in a calm, competent, productive, and timely manner.
- Must have experience as a consumer of behavioral health services and be willing to share those experiences as a learning/teaching tool.
- Appropriately interacts with participants without regard to gender and cultural variables.
- Provide ongoing observation of all client behavior immediately reporting any potentially dangerous situations to the Program Coordinator.
- Completes clinical documentation on participants and accompanying billing documentation on a daily basis
- Provide case management services to participants.
- Ensure integrity of programs clinical standards, practices, and functions.
- Maintain documentation of case management services in the participants records.
- Provide peer support services under the concept and practice of recovery.
- Provide consultation, education and advocacy services to families and other providers.
- Works with clinical staff to assure follow-through on participant treatment plans.
- Provide regular peer support groups and individual counseling.
- Provide safe, timely transportation of clients to and from the facility as assigned, pick up participants on time, comply with safe driving practices and follow procedures forgetting emergency assistance in case of vehicle breakdown, follow behavior management procedure to control clients whose behavior is escalating, creating a threat to the safety of self or others, initiate First Aide/CPR if needed.
- Provides shift report.
- Medication monitoring.
- Provide safe, timely transportation of clients to and from the facility as assigned.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- HS diploma or GED; has been a consumer and is willing to share those experiences in peer to peer interactions. Must have Peer Support/Recovery Support Certification.
- Must be 21 years of age or older.
- Possess valid drivers license with acceptable driving record, home telephone, and reliable transportation.
- Certification in first aid, CPR, and CPI.
- Must have annual TB screening and physical exam.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds.
- Have availability of home telephone for easy access of Agency contact.
- Able to work nights, weekends, partial shifts, holidays, and 8/10/12/16 hour shifts.
- Ability to type and working knowledge/familiarity with computers and electronic clinical record keeping.
- Must obtain and maintain a fingerprint clearance card and pass a background check.
Generous Benefit Package.