Dallas Behavioral Healthcare Hospital
Desoto , TX 75115
Posted 4 weeks ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
We are searching for a receptionist to greet and assist patients, family members, physicians, hospital staff, vendors and visitors. The Receptionist will answer telephones and verbally communicate effectively, responding promptly to general information, requesting and conveying messages. Must be able to work evenings and weekends.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Maintains accurate records, logs and current patient within the information system and on appropriate forms.
- Performs day-to-day administrative functions and general office duties including but not limited to word processing, copying, filing, faxing, answering phones and data entry.
- Provides information to callers according to the hospital Policies and Procedures; transfers
- calls as needed; works to ensure adequate phone coverage at all times.
- Welcomes and greets patients/clients/visitors to the department in a manner that is helpful and friendly.
- Adheres to all hospital policies on safety and security
- Must exercise utmost diplomacy and tact to provide excellent customer service for patients; practices confidentiality and privacy protocols in accordance to Clinic policies and HIPAA requirements.
- Maintains waiting areas, office files, and front-desk areas in a manner that is organized and neat.
- Exercises problem-solving and conflict resolution skills when handling patient complaints; refers complaints to appropriate designated personnel as needed.
- Education: High School degree or equivalent preferred. Bilingual English/Spanish preferred.
- Licenses:None required
- Experience: 1 year customer service experience required. Six months of medical receptionist experience in comparable health care setting preferred. Prior administrative or clerical experience in clinical or community-based setting highly preferred. Experiencing with multi-line phone systems a plus.
- Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Must have basic PC skills that include a combination of working in a Windows Operating System and Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel and the ability to type a minimum of 30 words per minute.
- Understands the importance of maintaining confidentiality; able to maintain confidentiality under HIPAA standards.
- Must have the ability to exercise a high degree of diplomacy and tact; excellent customer services and interpersonal communication skills; Cultural sensitivity and demonstrated ability to work with diverse people groups.
- Well developed verbal and written communication skills in English; Additional language abilities desirable.6. Knowledge of basic math and modern office procedures.
- Ability to work well under pressure with minimal supervision.
- Ability to remain seated at switchboard for long periods of time without significant discomfort or distress.
- Ability to effectively interact with persons of widely diverse roles, backgrounds, cultures, and socio-economic classes, those in crises or resistant or negative toward organization
- Screening: Must successfully pass background check, drug screen, physical and be able to provide positive employment references.
- Physical Demands: With or without reasonable accommodations, must be able to stoop, kneel, crouch, reach, stand for sustained period of time, walk, pull, lift, raise and move objects from position to position (up to 50 lbs), finger grasp; feel sizes, shapes, temperatures, and textures; express or exchange ideas orally and potentially loudly, accurately, or quickly; visually detect, determine, perceive, identify, recognize, judge, observe, inspect, assess; perceive the nature of sound with or without correction; perform repetitive motions of the wrist, hands, or fingers. Typing, data entry (finger dexterity) and ability to hold hands steady on keyboard when typing. Sit at extended period of time with erect posture. Reading forms/computer screens. Ability to communicate verbally over the phone.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties to meet the ongoing needs of the hospital.
If you are among the most competitive and qualified candidates for the job, you will be contacted directly by one of our hiring managers. Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we are unable to respond to individual inquiries regarding your application status. Good Luck & we hope to meet you soon!
Dallas Behavioral Healthcare Hospital is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Full-time employees are eligible for medical, dental, vision, company paid disability, 401(k) and a generous amount of paid time off.