Sorry, this job is no longer accepting applications.
See below for more jobs that match what you’re looking for!
Receiver - Food And Beverage
Soho House & Co.
Brooklyn , NY 11201
Posted 2 months ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
This position will be responsible for overseeing the overall cleanliness of all back of house areas, 6th floor back landing, 6th floor dry storage, pot wash area, walk ins 5th and 6th floor, 3rd floor employee break room, 3rd floor chef coat storage, freight elevator, and garbage room. Supporting the management team as needed.
- Receive ordered merchandise and verify quantity received of all kitchen produce, meats, fish, dry goods, chemicals, and kitchen supplies.
- Assist in the receiving of all bar supplies, produce, and liqueur.
- Check received merchandise (quality and quantity) and reject unacceptable merchandise.
- Distribute merchandise accordingly to food safety rules and storage orders.
- Ensure the smooth working of FIFO of 5th floor walk ins and 6th floor freezer.
- Conduct inventory as advised.
- Daily checklist with overnight porter.
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor/manager.
- Must be able to speak and read English to communicate with vendors and delivery persona, read package slips, labels, etc.
- Flexible schedule.
- Detail oriented.
- Ability to multitask and work in a fast paced environment.
- Must be able to seize, grasp, turn and hold objects with hands.
- Must be able to work on your feet for at least 8 hours.
- Fast paced movements are required to go from one part of the club to others.
- Must be able to move, pull, carry or lift at least 40 pounds.
- Must be able to kneel, bend, crouch and climb as required.
- Health Care + 401K: Full time employee's are eligible for full benefits; Medical, Dental & Vision as well as RetirementP fund with a 2% match
- Paid Time Off: Full- Time Employee's have sick day's + vacation days
- Career Development: Soho House can progress your career internationally.
- Learning & Development: An extensive range of internally and externally run courses are available for all employees.
- Cookhouse & House Tonic: Celebrating our passion for food and drink. Check out our monthly calendars and get involved in trips, training's and events. Available to all.
- Team Events: From fitness sessions to cinema screenings and art classes, each month we hold a series of fun events which you can sign up to.
- Family Meal: Whilst on duty in our Houses & Restaurants you will be provided with a substantial meal free of charge.