Real Estate Paralegal
Brady & Kosofsky, PA
Matthews , NC 28105
Posted 3 weeks ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
A Matthews Law Firm is seeking a Closing Paralegal to work with both Residential and REO transactions. The ideal candidate will be proficient in the preparation of Cash Settlement Statements, Closing Disclosures, and will be able to understand the REO transaction. The candidate will maintain primary communication with lenders, loan officers and attorneys to acquire, analyze and organize all necessary documents needed to process North Carolina Residential Real Estate closing packages and have the ability to balance the workload to accommodate demands of the job, and exceed customer expectations.
- Process and quality check all documents from lenders and attorneys for accuracy.
- Prepare closing documents in timely and professional manner.
- Ensure complete and accurate packages are submitted for approval.
- Respond to inquiries from borrowers, lenders and attorneys to resolve discrepancies.
- Prior to closing, call and confirm with lenders how the packages are being sent. On purchase closings call at least 48 hours prior to closing date.
- Work to build strong partnerships with local lenders, realtors, attorneys.
Other Functions Paralegal may be called upon to help with:
• Help follow up on funding docs/funding approval
• Help mailing out checks/loan packages and needed documents.
• Help follow up with terminations/extensions/addendums to contract
• Help with Final Title Opinions (FTO)
• EMD/Wire bookings
- A positive attitude & Excellent customer service skills,
- Have an understanding of closing standards and basic understanding of title clearance including foreclosure.
- Knowledgeable in North Carolina Real Estate Regulations and guidelines, document preparation, and RESPA rules.
- Possess the skill set to manage multiple priorities.
- Strong communication skills, to professionally communicate with both internal and external customers
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in loan processing which includes experience in Closing Disclosure and Cash Settlements for a North Carolina Law Firm.
- Must be computer proficient and comfortable working in a fast paced practice.
- Pleasant Disposition.
- Medical (after a 90 Day Initial Employment Period)
- Vision (after a 90 Day Initial Employment Period)
- Dental (after a 90 Day Initial Employment Period)
- Life Insurance (after a 90 Day Initial Employment Period)
- 401K (after a year with the firm)