Real Estate Manager - LA
Los Angeles , CA 90001
Posted 6 days ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Uppercase is a real estate platform that helps brands identify and access the best-fit retail spaces for their pop-ups and store launches. We work at an exciting intersection of commercial real estate, retail and technology, with a mission to fill the streets with interesting, ever-changing brand experiences.
Were seeking a West Coast Real Estate Manager to join our sales team. The Real Estate Manager will develop and own key CRE relationships, source and propose properties for brand clients, and negotiate deals with brokers and landlords to close new business and ensure the team is poised to hit KPIs and revenue targets.
Were making our mark:
- We provide seamless real estate services that integrate smart technology and analytics, to support brands retail journeys into brick & mortar.
- We've worked with over 200 companies in finding spaces and opened more than 5000 stores across New York, Los Angeles, and Toronto, including Thinx, Joybird, Tuft & Needle, Everlane and Wayfair.
- Were venture-backed by top-tier investors who have funded the likes of Warby Parker, Casper, and Allbirds.
How we work:
- We treat our processes like our product - we iterate, measure, and implement what works best.
- Managers are here to help you work, and will give you the freedom and resources to do the best work of your life.
- Everyone has input into how the team works - youll always be asked for your feedback.
- Were driven by our core values, and you should be too. We look for team players who are exceptionally ambitious, collaborative, and always ready to learn.
What youll do:
- Develop an understanding of available spaces in key retail corridors and neighborhoods.
- Build relationships with owners, landlords and brokers to maintain a pipeline of vacant retail spaces across New York City.
- Conduct custom space searches to identify the best-fit spaces for key accounts.
- Present opportunities to CRE partners and negotiate to ensure we can secure a brands preferred spaces within budget.
- Pitch available spaces to brand clients and conduct site tours to close new business.
- 2-3 years professional experience - with interest and knowledge in the CRE industry, an understanding of the Los Angeles or San Francisco market, and a desire to work at a real estate technology startup.
- Excellent communication skills - both internally with your team, and externally with the real estate community and brand clients. You know how to deliver your message clearly and concisely, and follow up is inherent to your approach.
- Sales mentality - with proven success closing deals and an eagerness to learn and follow a systematic approach to pipeline management. Previous SaaS sales experience is desirable but not required.
- Sleuthing skills - your research abilities are second to none, and youre scrappy when it comes to finding and accessing the information you need.
- Agility - you work with a sense of urgency and know how to multitask and prioritize. Youre flexible, can shift gears quickly, and are comfortable navigating ambiguity.
- Passion - youre excited about the problem were solving and believe in our vision to be the leading real estate platform for retail.
- Competitive salary + commission
- Stock options - were all owners of the company
- Health, dental, vision insurance
- Flexible vacation
- Commuter benefits
- Paid parental leave
- An opportunity to define a new industry in retail and real estate.