VIEW JOBS1/25/2021 12:00:00 AM2021-04-25T00:00Deadline: TV Writer
Deadline is looking for a writer to cover the TV business. We are seeking a writer who has established/is building sources within the TV industry, from executives to agents to publicists. Must be passionate about breaking news, with an eye for exclusives. This position can be based in either NYC or LA.
The right candidate will be able to identify and report on breaking news and bigger picture TV stories.
* TV industry reporting experience (2+ years)
* Be able to analyze, interpret, and break hard news
* Build pipeline to report exclusives
* Be a self-starter, enterprising
Deadline Hollywood is an authoritative source for breaking news in the entertainment industry, regularly included on lists of top entertainment websites. Influential industry thought leaders and key decision-makers in the entertainment, financial and other business fields track Deadline.com for the latest news multiple times a day. Due to its avid audience, Deadline.com's postings regularly receive more reader comments than all entertainment industry news sites combined. Deadline's parent company, Penske Media Corporation (PMC), is a leading digital media company, publishing, and information Services Company founded in 2003.
Penske Media Corporation (PMC) is a leading digital media and information services company whose award-winning content attracts a monthly audience of more than 180 million and empowers more than 1 million global CEOs and business thought-leaders in markets that impact the world. Our dynamic events, data services, and rich content entertain and educate today's fashion, retail, beauty, entertainment and lifestyle sectors. Headquartered in New York and Los Angeles with additional offices in 11 countries worldwide, Penske Media is the way global influencers are informed, connected, and inspired. To learn more about PMC and its iconic brands, visit www.pmc.com.
She Knows MediaLos AngelesCA
VIEW JOBS1/23/2021 12:00:00 AM2021-04-23T00:00Job Title: Programmatic Business Development Manager
Reports to: Director of Revenue Operations
FLSA: Salary, Exempt
Location: Los Angeles
Digital Trends, the largest independent tech media site in the world, is a technology/lifestyle brand with offices in Portland, Oregon; New York; Chicago; and more. We cover anything and everything in technology- from the QLED vs OLED 4k TVs, racing drones, Apple product recalls, to innovations in autonomous driving. Our content spans from news, expert analysis, guides, in-depth reviews, and more. Digital Trends provides insights to our readers in a way that enhances their lifestyle. "Tech for the Way You Live.
What You'll Do:
* Daily management of programmatic ad sales
* Own Programmatic revenue growth by utilizing analytical tools, market research and building personal relationships with key stakeholders
* Experiment and innovate with yield partners to maximize bid density and fill rates on Open Exchange inventory
* Work closely with cross functional teams to maintain and improve accounts health
* Stay current on industry trends related to programmatic trading, train and support other internal stakeholders with appropriate guidance regarding those developments
* Purpose potential revenue opportunities for partner sites. Connect publishers with useful products to increase incremental revenue
What We Require:
* Bachelor's degree or relevant work/military experience
* 4+ years' experience in business development
* Deep understanding of ad serving and programmatic technologies for display, video/OTT, native and emerging advertising channels
* Experience working with ad tech vendors and platforms, direct advertisers, agency trading desks, SSPs, DSPs
* Proven knowledge of digital media and programmatic techniques for the buying and selling of media including deal types, auction dynamics and pricing strategies
* Proven skills in problem-solving, follow-through issue resolution, attention to detail and prioritization
* Comfort dealing with large datasets to uncover insights, opportunities and risks
What's In It For You:
* Great benefits package including:
* Individual and Family Medical, Prescription, Dental and Vision Insurance
* Life and AD&D Insurance
* Company-paid Short and Long-term Disability
* Unlimited PTO (paid time off) Program
* 401k plus employer match up to 3.5%
* Flexible Spending Accounts
* Pre-tax Commuter Transit and Parking Benefits
* Paid Parental Leave
* Paid sabbatical leave after 5 years of service
As an equal opportunity employer, Digital Trends encourages, honors, and values diversity. Our goal is to create a culture of inclusion. We are committed to fostering a positive multigenerational and multicultural workforce by supporting inclusion in all forms, both within our company and across interactions with our audience, clients, and candidates.
Digital TrendsLos AngelesCA
VIEW JOBS1/21/2021 12:00:00 AM2021-04-21T00:00Job Title: Section Editor - Gaming
Reports to: Managing Editor
FLSA: Salary / Exempt
Location: New York, Portland, Remote
Digital Trends is the world's largest independent technology news site. From phones to next-gen gaming consoles, we strive to demystify the tech world through news, reviews, and insightful analysis. More than 25 million monthly readers trust us to help them pick the right products, make the most of them, and lead a better tech-enabled life. We're looking for a gaming editor to help console and PC gamers find titles and hardware they'll love, help them master them, and learn all about what's coming next.
Section editors are the backbone of the Digital Trends editorial department. While capable writers, reporters, and editors, a section editor is set apart from their journalistic peers by an incredibly robust knowledge of the relevant subject matter. They don't just interview experts, they are experts in their own right, and cultivate a deep knowledge of the latest trends, technologies, innovations and challenges in their vertical. A section editor parlays this mastery of a category into savvy, accessible coverage of all the latest products within it.
* Build a team
* Even the best writer-editors can't run a section on their own. A section editor oversees recruiting, onboarding, training, and retaining a team of top-caliber freelancers to create content for their section.
* Generate content
* Content is core to a section editor's role at Digital Trends. A section editor produces a specific blend of written content proportional to their budget, including news, reviews, features, and evergreen articles.
* Face the camera
* Content at Digital Trends means more than simply writing. A section editor is responsible for scripting and starring in video on a regular, weekly basis, to ensure that our audience has multiple ways of accessing their expertise.
* Stay on budget
* Every section has a budget allocated in proportion to the traffic it can generate. An editor generates the required amount of content within the constraints of the budget. As traffic grows, new levels of budget will unlock.
* Maintain outside relationships
* Access to inside information and review units are crucial to put out competitive coverage of any product space. A section editor must establish and strengthen ties with outside companies and experts while maintaining the integrity that allows them to evaluate their products objectively.
* Collaborate internally
* Different arms within Digital Trends rely on close collaboration with editorial, whether to best monetize content, amplify our voices, or steer us in the right direction. A section editor must work with other departments to make sure their work always furthers our goals.
* Represent Digital Trends
* Visibility is good for Digital Trends and good for editors' personal brands. As experts in their field, section editors may be called upon to give interviews on TV and radio, host and sit on panels, write guest columns, and act in other publicly visible roles.
At least two years covering the relevant industry as a journalist, or working within it
Strong command of AP Style
Experience leading and managing a tight-knit team of creatives
Journalism or communications degree
* Knowledge of WordPress, Google Analytics, and Asana
What's In It For You:
* Exceptional benefits package including: medical, prescription, dental and vision insurance, 401k, flexible spending accounts, pretax commuter transit and parking benefits, paid parental leave, sabbatical leave after 5 years of service, flexible paid time off, life insurance, company-paid short-term and long-term disability.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
Digital TrendsLos AngelesCA
DISCLAIMER : The names and logos of the companies referred throughout this page are all trademarks of their respective holders. Unless specifically stated otherwise, such references are not intended to imply any affiliation or association with LiveCareer.