R&D Sourcing Specialist
White Bear Lake , MN 55110
Posted 1 week ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Nextern is hiring for the role of R&D Sourcing Specialist. This roles comes with competitive pay and a full benefits package (details below)
The R&D Sourcing Specialist will be responsible for selecting and working with a group of suppliers in support of new product development. Suppliers will include domestic and international locations.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Works with product development teams to identify new suppliers and procure components for development activities.
- Identifies potential delays in delivery schedule and works to resolve problems in a timely manner.
- Logistics planning and coordination for material shipments and receipts.
- Creates and updates production costs and timelines.
- Generates requests for quote and production orders for development clients.
- Sets up new parts in ERP system.
- Reports schedule status and project progress to internal project teams.
- Works with engineering to ensure specifications are current and accurate.
- Works with project manager or project coordinator to transition projects to manufacturing.
- Ability to read and understand Drawings and Specifications
- Working Knowledge of Manufacturing Methods
- Understanding of ISO 9001/13485 Standards
Working at Nextern is a better kind of work. We look for people who can exercise their personal superpowers while living our company principles. At Nextern, we are all responsible for making a meaningful impact on day to day patient quality of life. Our unique energy is unmistakable as we have fun, care about one another, and build a place we can all grow & produce great work. Come join Nextern, where we are in it TOGETHER!
- Bachelors Degree (BA) from a four-year college; or 7 years minimum experience and/pr training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum 5 years experience in production coordination or production planning, preferably in a cradle-to-grave manufacturing operations environment. (Contract manufacturing experience as a buyer or planner is beneficial.)
- Experience in international logistics planning and scheduling.
- Proven history of successfully supporting production with firm project schedules and requirements.
- Experience in an ISO or process-driven manufacturing environment is desirable.
- Experience with design and off-shore sourcing is desirable.
- A strong understanding of mechanical and electrical products is a plus.
- Excellent analytic problem-solving skills.
- Proven ability to work in fast paced environment while juggling multiple competing tasks and demands.
- Strong work ethic and professional commitment.
- Superb written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of:
- Must be capable of learning custom computer system applications such as ATR and In-View
- Nextern offers excellent benefits to fuel you in building a fulfilling life & career:
- Employer subsidized health insurance for employees
- Employer paid dental insurance
- Employer HSA contribution
- 401k plan with a company match
- 9 paid holidays (including your birthday!) + vacation, personal and sick days
- Gym membership subsidy
- Employee Long Term Disability, AD&D, and Life Insurance
- Modern facilities with lots of natural light, and occasionally, tacos, because these things are important to productivity!