Railway Operations Crewmember
U.S. Army/Army Reserves
Worcester , MA 01608
Posted 2 months ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
- Execute instructions received from signal towers, switches, other trains and trainmen
- Signal with fuses, hands, flags, lamps and engine whistles
- Perform car coupling and uncoupling operations
- Check lashing and bracing to assure safe hauling of cargo
- Administering lubrication orders on railway cars and making minor running repairs
- Verify seals and seal numbers on freight cars
Those who want to serve must first take the Armed Services Vocational Aptitude Battery, a series of tests that helps you better understand your strengths and identify which Army jobs are best for you.
Job training for a railway operations crewmember requires 10 weeks of Basic Combat Training and five weeks of Advanced Individual Training with on-the-job instructions. Part of this time is spent in the classroom and part in the field.