Radiologic Technician, FCC Hazelton
Global Empire LLC
Bruceton Mills , WV 26525
Posted 2 months ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
GHG is looking for a Radiology Technician to provide services to individuals who are under the custody and care of the Federal Bureau of Prisons within a secure correctional environment, located at the FCC Hazelton,Bruceton Mills, in West Virginia.
Available Position: Radiology Technician
Place of Performance:Services will be performed in the Health Services Units of the Facility located at 1640 Skyview Drive, Bruceton Mills, West Virginia.
Facility Information: The facility contains a United States Penitentiary, a Federal PrisonCamp and a Feral Correctional Complex/ Institution and a Secure Female Facility.
Work Schedule: An anticipated schedule for the provision of radiology technician services is 30 hours per week, Monday through Friday, excluding federal holidays. (This anticipated schedule includes a 30 minute non-paid lunch break).
Due to the nature of the correctional setting, delays in performance of work may be expected.
Period of Performance:Tentatively from October 31, 2018, through September, 30, 2019.
Basic Scope of Work (includes but it is not limited to):
1.Perform routine radiologic procedures ordered by the medical staff for the inmate population at the FCI institution name.
2. Evaluate radiographic equipment for calibrations and repairs.
3. Possess knowledge of basic emergency situations that may occur during special radiographic procedures.
4. Schedule exams and maintain records.
5. Possess knowledge of various pathological abnormalities as demonstrated by radiographic imaging.
6. Independently assess and select technical exposure factors and positions necessary to obtain a proper quality diagnostic exam.
7. Independently perform all radiographic procedures; i.e., chest, bone, skull, spines, and portable x-rays, PA and lateral, upper GI procedures, and barium enemas for the inmate population, etc.
8. Notify Radiologist, or referring Physician of any preliminary abnormalities seen while patient is undergoing an exam, so that additional views, or exams can be ordered if needed.
9. Coordinate transfer of patient radiologic records to ensure continuity of care.
10. Work with Clinical Director to ensure monitoring and evaluation activities are completed.
11. Act as liaison between radiologist and medical staff.
12. Develop a working knowledge of FCI institution name medical protocols.
13. Wear outer protective clothing and obey CDC universal precautions at all times.
14. Function in other duties commensurate of a Radiological Technician.
15. Attire: The contractor is expected to wear professional clothing while on duty (scrub uniforms are approved). The attire worn shall also be appropriate for the correctional environment in which the contractor's employee will be performing.
License: Valid and current registration as a professional Radiological Technician is required.
Education: Successful completion of an accredited course of study in radiologic technology, An or a course of study deemed equivalent to such accredited program by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT). Associates Degree preferred.
Required Experience: Must have at least one (1) year experience as a radiological technician in a clinical setting.
Certifications:Cardio-Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) certified in accordance with the American Heart Association.
JOB APPLICATION LINK:https://ghg.catsone.com/careers