Sorry, this job is no longer accepting applications.
See below for more jobs that match what you’re looking for!
R & D Chemist
Remedy Intelligent Staffing
Rochester , NY 14602
Posted 3 months ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Remedy Professional Services is currently aiding in a search for a direct-hire R & D Chemist.
This is a new position due to growth at our client, working alongside a lab manager and lab tech. The R&D Chemist uses chemistry and research techniques to discover new knowledge or develop new technologies. Responsibilities:
- Develop and improve chemical products used in a variety of manufacturing and mechanical systems in order to enhance processes, safety and quality in order to meet customer needs and provide solutions to application problems.
- Create and maintain product development strategies, documentation and progress reports
- Determine performance characteristics of competitive products using physical, instrumental and wet analysis techniques.
- Investigate applicability of new and replacement raw materials in order to enhance performance and minimize cost.
- Develop or improve test methods to enhance R&D, efficiency and field performance predictability.
- Clearly and in an orderly fashion record all observations and data. Report results in a clear and concise manner to enhance technical exchange. Provide legal and archival documentation for patent applications
- Maintain equipment, glassware and workspace in order to keep them clean and functioning well
- Participate in instrument calibration and preventive maintenance as directed
- Minimum of a bachelors degree in a chemistry-related field
- Minimum of two years of research experience
- Self-motivated and able to work independently
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and adapt to changing priorities
- Intermediate skill level of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access, Powerpoint)
Company provides comprehensive benefits, including company-contributed medical, life insurance, AD&D, short-term and long-term disability benefits. Voluntary benefits including dental and vision are also available, as well as a 401K plan.