ONLY USC AND GC HOLDERS WILL BECONSIDERED. Requirements:
Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
6+ years of related experience
Expert knowledge of machine learning methods and hands-on experience in applying various methods in data assessment, model development, outcome analysis, and model validation, with demonstrable awareness of interpretability of opaque relationships, computational intensive analytics, and dynamic model structure.
Proficiency with programming languages such as Python, Java, R, and C++ . Experience with ML implementation libraries and frameworks such as NumPy, Scikit-learn, Tensor Flow, CNTK, Theano, and Spark. Experience with ML deployment on High Performance / Cloud platforms such as Amazon/Google/Azure.
Familiarity with statistical analysis tool such as SAS and Matlab and strong database skills SQL/Oracle.
Post-graduate level knowledge of statistics, economics, and finance and familiarity with financial and behavioral modeling in areas of capital markets and mortgage finance.
VIEW JOBS9/22/2018 12:00:00 AM2018-12-21T00:00THE COMPANY
Fannie Mae provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable mortgage credit in communities across our nation. We are the leading source of funding for housing in America, which means more people can buy or rent a home. We are focused on sustaining the housing recovery, improving our company, and leading change to make housing better.
Join our diverse, high-performing team and make a difference as we work together to enable access to a good home.
For more information about Fannie Mae, visit http://www.fanniemae.com/progress
Support, develop, assess, and execute statistical, mathematical, economic, and financial models for business decision making in all areas of mortgage finance business.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
* Conduct theoretical and empirical research with public and proprietary data in all areas of mortgage finance business, including mortgage products and securities, borrower behavior, investment and hedging strategies, residential property valuation, macroeconomic models including housing prices and interest rate, financial valuation of finance assets and derivatives, economic capital, and stress testing.
* Apply mathematical, statistical, and econometric techniques to provide innovative, thorough, and practical solutions to support business strategies and initiatives.
* Utilize data mining and statistical techniques to develop analytic insights, sound hypotheses, and informed recommendations.
* Identify opportunities to apply quantitative methods to improve business performance
* Ensure modeling projects are conducted in accordance with established company policies and generally-accepted modeling practices
* Develop and implement validation strategies and assess the quality and risk of model methodologies, outputs, and processes
* Understand relevant business context to properly interpret model results, monitor performance and assess risks. Conduct ad hoc quantitative analyses, modeling, or programming using SAS, SQL, R, or Python
* Communicate technical subject matter clearly and concisely, both verbally and through written communication via white papers, reports and presentations, to individuals from various backgrounds
* Collaborate effectively, work as part of a team and across organizational lines to develop and implement solutions to meet business needs; Serve as project lead
* Work autonomously guiding teams, choosing projects, and often act as SME resource across departments or as an in-house-expert
* Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
* 6 years of related experience
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
* Expert knowledge of machine learning methods and hands-on experience in applying various methods in data assessment, model development, outcome analysis, and model validation, with demonstrable awareness of interpretability of opaque relationships, computational intensive analytics, and dynamic model structure.
* Proficiency with programming languages such as Python, Java, R, and C . Experience with ML implementation libraries and frameworks such as NumPy, Scikit-learn, Tensor Flow, CNTK, Theano, and Spark. Experience with ML deployment on High Performance / Cloud platforms such as Amazon/Google/Azure.
* Familiarity with statistical analysis tool such as SAS and Matlab and strong database skills SQL/Oracle.
* Post-graduate level knowledge of statistics, economics, and finance and familiarity with financial and behavioral modeling in areas of capital markets and mortgage finance.
* Excellent writing, presentation, and inter-personal communication skills
* Ability to design and manage complex tasks with high level of autonomy, and provide technical guidance and coaching to junior staff.
* Must be self-motivated to gain business/institutional knowledge and learn new modeling techniques.
* Experience with model risk management a plus.
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to pass a pre-employment drug screen and to successfully complete a background investigation.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Fannie Mae CorpWashingtonDC
VIEW JOBS11/9/2018 12:00:00 AM2019-02-07T00:00Grant Thornton is collaborative, entrepreneurial andon the move. As part of a dynamic global organization of 47,000 people servingclients in more than 140 countries, we have the agility and focus it takes tobe a leader.
Data Scientist - Quantitative Analyst, Manager
Grant Thornton's Advisory professionals areprogressive thinkers who create, protect, and transform value today, so ourclients have the opportunity to thrive and grow. Our advisory practice creates holisticsolutions delivered by innovative, curious professionals who bring technicaldepth and industry insight to our clients. The Advisory Practice includes Business Consulting (BC), Business RiskServices (BRS), Transaction Services (TS), Enterprise Technology, Strategy& Innovation (ETSI) and Financial Services (FS and FinTech).
Become a member ofGT Labs providing data-driven and action-oriented solutions. Ideal candidate is a business-minded data scientist with a demonstrated ability to developMachine Learning models that deliver valuable insights via data analytics andadvanced data-driven methods. If you career goal to be relied on as a keymember in driving innovative AI/Machine Learning solutions, we invite you to join our team!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
* Data and QuantitativeAnalysis
* Decision Analytics
* Predictive Modeling
* R, Jupiter Notebooks, Python, SQL
* Big Data Queries andInterpretation
* Data Mining andVisualization Tools
* Machine LearningAlgorithms
* Business Intelligence (BI)
* MS Azure environmentexperience
* Other duties as assigned.
* Bachelors'degree in Financial Services or Technology related field required. Masters'degree a plus.
* Experience with popular machine learningalgorithms (Classification and regression tress, GAMs, splines, SVMs, KNN andmore). Experience with Linear and Logistic regression models
* Developed intricatealgorithms based on deep-dive statistical analysis and predictive data modelingthat were used to deepen relationships, strengthen longevity and personalizeinteractions with customers.
* Analyzed and processedcomplex data sets using advanced querying, visualization and analytics tools.
* Good understanding of model validation methodologies
* Ability to work additional hours and traveldomestically as needed.
GrantThornton LLP promotes a nationally recognized culture of health and offers anextensive array of benefits to meet individual lifestyles. For a complete list of benefits, please visitwww.gt.com.
Founded in Chicago in 1924, Grant Thornton LLP (Grant Thornton) isthe U.S. member firm of Grant Thornton International Ltd., one of the world'sleading organizations of independent audit, tax and advisory firms. GrantThornton has revenues in excess of $1.7 billion and operates 59 offices acrossthe U.S., with more than 590 partners and 8,500 employees in the United Statesand at our Shared Services Center in Bangalore, India.
Grant Thornton works with a broad range of publicly- andprivately-held companies, government agencies, financial institutions, andcivic and religious organizations. Core industries served include consumer andindustrial products, financial services, not-for-profit, private equity, andtechnology. Grant Thornton focuses on serving dynamic organizations that pursuegrowth holistically — whether through revenue improvement, leadership, missionfulfillment or innovation.
It is Grant Thornton's policy to promote equal employmentopportunities. All personnel decisions, including, but not limited to, recruiting,hiring, training, promotion, compensation, benefits and termination, are madewithout regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex, age,marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status,veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicablefederal, state or local law.
Grant Thornton LLPWashingtonDC
VIEW JOBS11/8/2018 12:00:00 AM2019-02-06T00:00Company/Position Overview
In this role you will: Requires skilled, technically knowledgeable, and experienced support to develop new business intelligence reports, analytical capabilities and data warehouses; execute development for enhancements and maintenance of IT systems and environments; and execute special projects.
Mandatory Qualifications (Education, Certifications, Experience, Skills)
* Candidate shall have demonstrated at least 5 years of experience in requirements analysis, systems engineering.
* Candidate shall have extensive experience building star schemas, facts to dimensions matrices, and working with large enterprise data warehousing, reporting, and Business Intelligence (BI) projects.
* Candidate shall have extensive knowledge in dimensional modeling concepts.
* Candidate shall have extensive experience in building conceptual, logical, and physical data models.
* Candidate shall possess excellent oral and written communication skills and effectively communicate details with all levels of management.
* Candidate shall possess the necessary people skills to identify requirements and deliver results.
* All personnel shall have at a minimum an active security clearance of Top Secret, meaning the clearance initially issued or revalidated within the past five years, at the time of the proposal submission and Single Scope Background Investigation.
Desired Qualifications (Education, Certifications, Experience, Skills)
* Experience using data modeling tools, preferably ERWin and/or TOAD Data Modeler.
* Candidate having an understanding of ETL tools, preferably Informatica.
Salient CRGT is a leading provider of health, data analytics, cloud, agile software development, mobility, cyber security, and infrastructure solutions. We support these core capabilities with full lifecycle IT services and training—to help our customers meet critical goals for pivotal missions. We are purpose-built for IT transformation supporting federal civilian, defense, homeland, and intelligence agencies, as well as Fortune 1000 companies.
If you feel you are qualified for this position, express interest by clicking the Apply button below (if you are viewing this position on the Salient CRGT website). If you are viewing this job posting outside of the Salient CRGT website, please visit: www.salientcrgt.com/careers to express interest in this position through the Salient CRGT Careers page.
Salient CRGT is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other factor prohibited by applicable anti-discrimination laws.