VIEW JOBS2/23/2021 12:00:00 AM2021-05-24T00:00<p>-Working with maintenance and specifically PLC experience</p><p>-Utilize Programmable Logic Controllers, computer, drawings, schematics and layouts to perform duties.</p><p>- Maintain the control and instrumentation systems, troubleshoot and repair all related control issues.</p><p> -Perform preventive maintenance of critical support equipment on a regular basis and properly document for maintenance records</p><p>-Support to technicians with other areas of expertise to troubleshoot simple and complex equipment problems.</p><p>- Select and use proper tools in a safe and efficient manner</p><p>- Testing and documenting performance of prototype sensor systems</p><p>- Assures system and product quality by designing testing methods; testing finished-product and system capabilities; and confirming fabrication, assembly, and installation processes.</p><p>- Specify system components or direct modification of products to ensure conformance with engineering design and performance specifications</p><p>- Research, design, evaluate, install, operate, and maintain mechanical products, equipment, systems and processes to meet requirements, applying knowledge of engineering principles</p><p><strong>Requirements</strong></p><p>JLM Strategic Talent Partners is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, medical condition, disability, marital status, or protected veteran status</p>JLM Strategic Talent PartnersLos AngelesCA
VIEW JOBS2/22/2021 12:00:00 AM2021-05-23T00:00<p><strong>Who We Are</strong></p><p>Founded by a group of intrepid ex-SpaceX engineers who want to revolutionize the food industry, Serve Automation is changing the way your favorite food gets made and delivered. Serve has secured funding from top-tier investors who have invested in companies like Beyond Meat, Lyft, Creator, Blue Bottle Coffee, and Sweetgreen.</p><p>The Serve Automation team is searching for the best and brightest to join our team of rocket scientists turned food automation engineers. Serve is a collaborative work environment – we all work together to move the company forward as needed. In other words, we all wash dishes! If you love tackling big ideas, working with a stellar team, and eating great food, Serve Automation may be the perfect place for you!</p><p></p><strong>What You’ll Do: </strong><ul> <li>Responsible for full “cradle to grave” design of food automation equipment</li> <li>Responsibilities include a broad scope of challenges including weldment design, gas & liquid plumbing, combustion devices, HVAC, mechanisms, linear motion, high-level integration, etc.</li> <li>Gather input from stakeholders and translate to design requirements </li> <li>Conceptualize, design, and analyze hardware to meet various design requirements</li> <li>Create necessary drawings and coordinate with vendors to get parts fabricated on budget and schedule</li> <li>Coordinate hardware assembly and conduct testing. Provide operating procedures and support for others</li> <li>Conduct and participate in various hardware design reviews</li> <li>Take initiative on other roles the company needs to succeed. This is a fast-growing startup</li> </ul><p></p><p><strong>What You'll Need (Qualifications): </strong></p><ul> <li>Minimum of 3 years experience in mechanical design engineering <ul> <li>Very familiar with structural and mechanism design with a strong grasp of the engineering process and fundamentals </li> <li>Very familiar with design for manufacture and coordinating with vendors </li> <li>Very familiar with generating part/assembly drawings and ASME GD&T standards </li> <li>Familiar with design of high reliability systems</li> <li>Comfortable working within design/budget constraints and finding creative solutions</li> </ul> </li> <li>Experience with hands-on fabrication and/or machining <ul> <li>Very familiar with basic hand and power tool fabrication</li> <li>Very familiar with mechanism and structural assembly</li> <li>Some machining experience. Familiarity with basic mill and lathe processes is a plus. </li> <li>Some welding and sheet metal fabrication experience</li> </ul> </li> <li>Experience with Solidworks CAD & PDM packages. Familiar with basic revision & inventory control approaches </li> <li>Experience leading technicians and coordinating/delegating work to effectively accomplish tasks</li> <li>Organized, results-oriented worker who is able to think creatively and be resourceful while solving problems</li> <li>Thrive in a fast-paced startup environment that is rapidly changing</li> </ul><p></p><strong>Where You’ll Work</strong><p>Our office is located in an industrial park in Hawthorne, CA. We’re about 1.5 miles from the Crenshaw Station on the Green Line in close proximity to a number of aerospace and manufacturing companies including SpaceX and Triumph. We are situated next to Common Space Brewery and LA Aleworks.</p><p><br></p><strong>EQUAL OPPORTUNITY</strong><p>We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.</p>Serve AutomationLos AngelesCA
VIEW JOBS2/20/2021 12:00:00 AM2021-05-21T00:00The buildings that make up the landscape of our daily lives seem like permanent fixtures, fastened to a time and place. But what if that didn't have to be true? What if our built environment - where we live, learn, play, and conduct business - carried us forward instead?
Our Buildings practice keeps people at its heart, recognizing that our shared journey forward is shaped by the meaningful and responsive places we design. From iconic designs to monumental groundbreakings, join us to bring transformational building solutions to life. Every day we apply our expertise, creativity, and passion to propel communities into the future- join us!
In this role, you will apply buildings mechanical engineering principles, your superior client service skills, and project management best practices to deliver healthcare projects that meet project requirements, exceed client expectations, and meet project financial and other objectives. Working within our thriving healthcare practice, you will have the ability to help heal and protect the communities we live and work in, and support the mission of our clients to provide the best in patient care, wellness and experience. You welcome opportunities and challenges within a healthcare project, and bring consulting skills into each client interaction. You will add value while helping differentiate Stantec from other firms and position us as a top tier design firm in the industry.
Your Key Responsibilities
* Successfully manages healthcare projects and tasks of a scope, complexity and revenue budget appropriate to experience.
* Applies buildings engineering and project management knowledge while leading multi-discipline resources to meet project requirements within established timeframes and budgets.
* Shares knowledge with others by serving as a trainer, mentor and resource.
* Holds project team members accountable for deliverables.
* Meets technical, contractual, schedule, budgetary and client service objectives for each project.
* Applies strong mechanical engineering skills, experience and knowledge to the design and oversight of the design, for building projects.
* Manages and plans the production resources and workflow to produce the design documentation, drawings, and calculations required for mechanical engineering projects.
* May periodically act as QC reviewer on projects.
* Effectively delegates work to production support staff.
* Nurtures existing client relationships and proactively pursues opportunities for new business.
* Develops and delivers project related client presentations.
* Maintains and expands current knowledge of technologies and trends, as they apply to the applicable project and market types, and continually strengthens skills.
* Proactively pursues additional knowledge in related disciplines by attending available in house and external training.
* Attends and leads in-house project meetings.
* Actively participates in meetings, initiatives, and projects that support studio and firm-wide goals.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
* Experience managing healthcare clients.
* Leading and managing healthcare delivery teams; designing HVAC and plumbing systems for Healthcare Facilities and built environment; OSHPD experience required.
* Client consulting experience.
* Understanding and implementation of the principles of project management.
* Ability to manage clients, projects, fee, scope and teams to achieve budget, schedule and deliverable objectives while meeting key stakeholder critical success factors.
* Fundamental understanding of NFPA 99-2012, ASHRAE 170, and the FGI Guidelines as they specifically apply to Hospitals, ambulatory surgical centers, and medical office buildings.
* Familiarity with, and ability to produce, project-related documents and documentation standards required of a Project Manager.
* Ability to integrate design elements with other disciplines to deliver a coordinated design.
* Deep understanding of healthcare plumbing and medical gas systems.
* Familiarity with and ability to apply sustainable design principles within projects while maintaining the process driven requirements of healthcare facilities.
* Strong client communication and interpersonal skills.
* Ability to apply logic, reasoning, and organizational skills to structure concepts and ideas into projects.
* Knowledge and experience to identify and manage items of risk that may occur on projects.
* Knowledge and experience to identify and manage potential unanticipated scope.
* Functional knowledge of BIM software; in particular, Revit MEP.
* Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
Education and Experience
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent in related field plus 5-10 years of relevant experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience and/or demonstrated skills.
* Professional Engineering license is required.
* OSHPD experience is required.
* Project Management Professional certification, LEED AP credential, ASHRAE Healthcare Facility Design Professional (HFDP) certification and familiarity with various construction delivery process, such as Design assist and Design-Build is preferred.
Typical office environment working with computers and remaining sedentary for long periods of time. Field work may include exposure to the elements including inclement weather.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Job: Mechanical Engineer
Primary Location: United States-California-Los Angeles
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Req ID: 200001IA
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans
Stantec Inc.Los AngelesCA
DISCLAIMER : The names and logos of the companies referred throughout this page are all trademarks of their respective holders. Unless specifically stated otherwise, such references are not intended to imply any affiliation or association with LiveCareer.