Job Posting Title
Quality Technician (1pm-9:30pm)Position Summary
Proactive individual with initiative, a self-starter and ability and ability to work as a contributing team member, as well as individually with little or no supervision or direction.
The individual should be able to perform the primary duties; responsibilities listed below and are flexible to perform other duties as necessary when the moguls are not operational. The individual should be able to follow the guide lines and frequency of checks, set forth by FPC and co-Manufactures. The individual should also have excellent communication skills keeping the QA Manager informed of all issues accordingly.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
Adheres to all company policies and procedures. Adheres to all FPC established GMP's.
Performs quality checks of work in progress and finish product through inspection and laboratory analysis. Conducts analytical testing pH and Chlorine. Conducts assigned work in a safe manner and adheres to FPC safety methods.
Conducts Critical Control Point Checks Metal Detection Conducts daily weight checks packaging material. Conducts ATP/Allergen Swab test on after equipment clean during shift Quarterly Environmental swabs Participates in plant's GMP audit as needed Participates in Glass, Brittle Plastic Inspection as needed Review of packaging paperwork Conduct daily temperature checks Performs plant walk-through at the beginning and end of respective shifts
Skills and personal Characteristics Required:
1.Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed, but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
2.Ability to speak, write and read English.
3.Be at work as scheduled and in a timely manner.
4.Good analytical skills as well as written and verbal communication skills.
5.Maintains a clean and neat work area.
6.Ability to work overtime as needed.
7.Ability to work scheduled shift.
8.Must have at least one year's experience working in a Lab environment.
9.Must have knowledge of operating basic laboratory equipment.
10. Promotes teamwork, possess a good attitude, and exhibit flexibility and willingness to perform task as needed.
11. Spreadsheet and database Knowledge (excel and access)
12. Understands and is accountable for full compliance with safety, quality and other relevant requirements.
13. Ensures compliance with BRC, SQF, and other relevant standards.
14. Places product which is out of specification on a quality hold status as necessary.
15. Maintains inventory of all supplies for the laboratory.
16. Back-up to Quality Control Lab Technician his/her absence.
17. Other duties as assigned.
Ferrara Candy Company