VIEW JOBS10/31/2018 12:00:00 AM2019-01-29T00:00<p>As part of the Quality Department, a CMM Programmer/QualityTechnician is responsible on the assigned shift for all Quality related activities and tasks required for all plant products and sub-components in close collaboration with operators. • Routine product testing requirements (e.g. CMM, gauging, weld verification, mechanical properties, etc.) • Assist in job setup and product layout inspections to ensure first-off material is good • Oversee or contain the non-conforming product created during the shift • Participate in problem solving activities • Perform receiving inspection on shift • Create, maintain and file lab and testing records • Conduct simple device calibration/verification activities, and assigned production gauge audits • Writes or updates work instructions as needed • Writes or update Quality Alerts as needed </p><p><strong>Requirements</strong></p><p><strong>Qualifications<br></strong></p><ol> <li>Thorough knowledge of quality assurance policies, inspection procedures and techniques, measuring equipment related to tool evaluation and product layout inspection, statistical analysis.</li> <li>Knowledge of the principles of molding, SPC, Kaizen, PPAP, APQP, ISO 9001 audits, ECN, PGA, GD&T, CMM and VMM machines, computer applications, special processes, machining and plastic molding injection.</li> <li>Proficient in Blue Print interpretation and full understanding of GD&T.</li> <li>Understands and utilizes many automotive tools, Control Plans, PAPP process, Gauge R&R, Capability Studies, PFMEA's.</li> <li>Understanding of Gear Data and measurements is a plus.</li> <li>Good Problem Solving skills</li> <li>Operate computer, all types measuring equipment, CMM and VMM machine, visual measurement machine with computer system and probe capability and office equipment ‑ copier, fax, phone, etc...</li> <li>All types of basic gauges like comparators, plug, thread, height gauge, indicators, micrometers, calipers, torque gauges and other.</li> <li>Calibration gauges and use of software program to record results and track calibration cycles.</li> <li>Gear checker measurement system.</li> </ol>Kamis Professional StaffingTorringtonCT
VIEW JOBS10/12/2018 12:00:00 AM2019-01-10T00:00About Our Company
FuelCell Energy is transforming the world's energy landscape by delivering clean and efficient solutions for the supply, recovery and storage of energy. We thrive on innovation as our fuel cell power plants provide answers to some of the industry's biggest challenges, such as generating a virtually pollutant-free and affordable supply of electric power within cities, reducing carbon emissions from coal and gas-fired power stations, and producing hydrogen for transportation, industry and utility-scale energy storage. Our unique mission requires a diverse, energetic and creative workforce, and our shared passion for a cleaner energy future is the foundation of our Company's culture. We take pride in what we have accomplished and are dedicated to providing innovative solutions that address energy, environmental and economic challenges for power users and communities world-wide.
With SureSource™ installations on three continents and millions of megawatt hours of ultra-clean power produced, FuelCell Energy is a global leader with environmentally responsible power solutions.
Join our team and contribute to a brighter, cleaner energy future.
We are currently seeking a Quality Assurance Inspector to join our manufacturing quality team who has a creative, innovative approach to his or her work and will never shy away from offering truthful observations and recommendations. We're looking for a highly organized, methodical professional with attention to detail and the experience necessary to take our products to the next level in terms of safety, quality, and accuracy. A proven track record of experience is essential.
Based out of our recently expanded, climate controlled manufacturing facility, the Quality Inspector performs functions associated with quality assurance operations, including inspection, auditing, documentation, troubleshooting, preparing products for launch, calibration tasks and carrying out quality assurance procedures related to production.
* Use programs to collect and evaluate data used to assess and document results of quality assurance and control processes;
* Performs in-process and final inspection of materials, parts, assemblies and finished goods to maintain a quality product in accordance with FuelCell Energy specifications, and ISO9001 standards;
* Accurately uses all standard measuring tools such as eye loupes, pin gauges, micrometers, calipers, height gauge, profilometer, and coordinate measuring machines;
* Performs inspections, product and process audits in a manufacturing environment;
* Monitors critical equipment and instrumentation;
* Determines and assists in developing methods and procedures for quality assurance and control;
* Identifies and communicates quality issues and offers ideas for improvement;
* Drafts procedures, work instructions, test methods, training plans, checklists and assists with validating or troubleshooting testing methods;
* Consults with Manufacturing and/or Engineering on quality issues;
* Communicates audit, inspection, and nonconformance issues via email and/or reports;
* Schedules and facilitates MRB (Material Review Board) and other meetings;
* Participates in root cause investigations and corrective actions;
* Responsible for inspector evaluation exams and assists with employee assessments for visual inspection competence;
* Provides training and support to manufacturing associates;
* Other tasks as assigned.
Education: High School Diploma/GED required. Associate's Degree in Engineering Technology or an applicable discipline is a plus.
Experience: Minimum of 2 years of inspection experience working in a production environment (manufacturing, production warehouse, etc.)
* Able to read and interpret data, specifications, and drawing requirements - knowledge of GD&T is a plus
* Able to communicate effectively in English (writing and verbally)
* Self-motivated with a demonstrated ability to operate responsibly and flexibly in a team environment with minimal supervision
* Demonstrates strong math aptitude including the ability to perform computations with all units of measure (international and U.S.)
* Demonstrable experience using precision quality measurement tools
* Must be willing to work occasionally in Danbury CT facility, if required
* Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
* Demonstrable product and production quality experience with high precision products preferred
* Experience with welding codes and weld inspection techniques strongly preferred
* Experience with Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel. PowerPoint preferred
* Experience with ISO 9001 standards preferred
* Experience with ERP systems preferred
* ASQ CQI Certification is preferred
* Experience with ASTM is preferred
Physical Requirements/Working Conditions:
* Routinely works in and moves throughout a 70,000+ sq. ft. plant to perform various tasks
* Must have full mobility to climb ladders and maneuver through tight areas for inspection of large units
* Must be able to frequently lift or move items up to 25 pounds with or without assistance
* Must be able to stand, walk, bend, kneel, stoop, crouch, crawl and climb throughout the day
* Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, ability to distinguish between colors, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus
* Must be able to use hand and air powered tools
* Be able and willing to wear required personal protective equipment as designated such as safety glasses, safety shoes, hard hats and other PPE as required
Equal Opportunity Employer - Vet/Disability
We offer a competitive compensation package as well as comprehensive benefits including medical, dental, vision, company-paid life/disability insurance, 401(k) plan, employee stock purchase plan and generous paid leave.
Employment with FCE is subject to pre-employment drug-screen and background investigation.
No agency submissions please. Resumes submitted to any FuelCell Energy employee without a current, signed and valid contract in place with the FuelCell Energy Recruiting team for this position will become the property of FuelCell Energy and no agency fees will be paid.
FuelCell Energy, Inc. is committed to ensuring that its application process provides an equal employment opportunity to all U.S. job seekers, including individuals with disabilities.
If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to submit an application, please send an email with your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact us by calling 203-205-2070. Please indicate the specifics of the assistance needed.
NOTE: This dedicated phone line and email address are designed exclusively to assist disabled job seekers whose disability prevents them from being able to apply online. Only messages left for this purpose will be acknowledged. A response to your request may take up to two business days.
Fuelcell Energy, Inc.TorringtonCT
VIEW JOBS11/5/2018 12:00:00 AM2019-02-03T00:00<p><strong>Summary</strong></p> <p>Assures acceptability of products, traceability and accuracy of documentation. Performs various analytical auditing, inspection and product support duties. Responsible for new tooling and component inspection, corrective actions, continuous quality improvement and gaging instruments. Works closely with quality functions and departments to reduce the variations in company wide processes and to assure quality products to meet all customer requirements. Substitutes in the absence of the QA Director.</p> <p><strong>Essential Duties & Responsibilities</strong></p> <p>1. Defines the quality plan, characteristics and design fixtures for new tooling and components inspection; interacts with customers and suppliers regarding decision making and problem solving; provides support of daily production and assures adherence to Qs procedures; takes corrective actions when necessary.</p> <p>2. Assures acceptability and traceability of product and accuracy of documentation</p> <p>3. Performs various analytical, auditing, inspection and product support duties.</p> <p>4. Set ups designing fixtures for measurements and reviews for continuous improvements.</p> <p>5. Assures adherence to document and quality specific procedures, and quality technical certification.</p> <p>6. Provides product inspection support at all levels in all molding, assembly department, including incoming inspection and tool evaluation.</p> <p>7. Prepares first article data and characteristic accountability (PAPP)</p> <p>8. Reviews material and processing certifications</p> <p>9. Trains other personnel for quality related tasks.</p> <p>10. Attends training required and/or recommended to achieve benchmark quality performance.</p> <p>11. Performs work tasks in a quality manner to meet all internal and external customer requirements.</p> <p>12. Perform job in a safe manner and works towards achieving company safety goals.</p> <p>13. Substitutes in the absence of the QA Director.</p> <p>14. Recommends cost saving ideas and actively contributes to continuous improvement.</p> <p>15. Works to achieving department and company goals</p> <p>16. Performs other related duties as assigned.</p><p><strong>Other Duties</strong></p> <p>-Performs all duties and responsibilities of a Quality Engineer and Inspector for measuring and inspecting all dimensions on tools or parts to determine conformance to print and/or customer requirements.</p> <p>-Documents all inspections and maintains accurate files utilizing Master files.</p> <p>-Recommends corrective actions on tools to meet print specifications.</p> <p>-Performs audits on molded parts during the manufacturing process, purchased parts in receiving or final audits on finished products as required.</p> <p>-Assist inspectors and set‑up personnel with inspection techniques.</p> <p>-Gets involved in helping solve product/tooling problems as they appear, making recommendations for change or adjustments.</p> <p>-Working knowledge of and proficiency with MS Office programs, Word, Excel and Power Point and Outlook.</p> <p>-Performs audits on manufacturing production as assigned.</p> <p>-Ability to work with minimal supervision and work cooperatively with others in stressful situations attends required training in order to achieve benchmark quality performance.</p> <p>-Assist with training of employees to perform quality tasks to meet quality production.</p> <p>-Assist in ISO audits or Customer Audits.</p><p><strong>Requirements</strong></p><p>1. Thorough knowledge of quality assurance policies, inspection procedures and techniques, measuring equipment related to tool evaluation and product layout inspection, statistical analysis. </p> <p>2. Knowledge of the principles of molding, SPC, Kaizen, PPAP, APQP, ISO 9001 audits, ECN, PGA, GD&T, CMM and VMM machines, computer applications, special processes, machining and plastic molding injection.</p> <p>3. Excellent math skills and understanding of Statistics as they apply to measurement.</p> <p>4. Good written and verbal communication skills, computer skills (Words, Excel, Outlook, etc...)</p> <p>5. Good Problem Solving skills.</p> <p>6. Proficient in Blue Print interpretation and full understanding of GD&T.</p> <p>7. Ability to work with minimum supervision and to work cooperatively with others in stressful</p> <p>Situations. Teaching others is a key part of this job to improve performance. </p> <p>8. Ability to maintain accurate records and document data.</p> <p>9. Understands and utilizes many automotive tools, Control Plans, PAPP process, Gauge R&R, Capability Studies, PFMEA’s.</p> <p>10. Understanding of Gear Data and measurements is a plus.</p> <p>11. Ability to write IQ, OQ and PQ Medical Protocols and Reports. </p> <p>12. Ability to write and pull together PPAP Reports for Customers. </p> <p>13. Ability to understand, modify, recommend and improve measurement techniques as they relate to inspection or lab measurements. </p> <p>14. B.S degree in Quality or Mfg. Engineering plus 10 years of related experience in manufacturing, plastic molding or equivalent.</p>Kamis Professional StaffingTorringtonCT