Sorry, this job is no longer accepting applications.
See below for more jobs that match what you’re looking for!
Acutec Precision Aerospace, Inc.
Meadville , PA 16335
Posted 2 months ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Inspect aerospace components by following instructions, viewing and contributing to the computer database, and using inspection tooling to perform first article inspections to industry criteria. Conduct inspections with direction from Quality Manager.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Follow work instructions including: finding job paperwork from the computer database; read blueprints; set-up and use of inspection tooling; and perform visual inspections to tight aerospace criteria; inspect the first part of the machining process.
- Conduct inspections independently with minimal supervision.
- Identify critical information from drawings such as:
- Use various inspection tooling and gauging which include: CMM, Comparator, Microhite, Pocket Surf, Indicator, Johnson Gage, Sunnen Gage, Air Gage, all other hand tools as necessary.
- Perform a visual inspection of each work piece to ensure it is free of any visual defects such as burrs, nicks, surface finish, scratches and other deleterious imperfections. Visual inspection may require the use of a microscope or other magnification devices.
- Perform dimensional inspection as called out on the first article inspection paperwork.
- Exchange vital information with machine operators about the quality of parts being manufactured.
- Assign frequency for in-process inspection of parts.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education & Experience
High school diploma or general education degree (GED), one to three years experience in manufacturing/inspection, and training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
Required Knowledge and
- Communicating effectively with all internal and external customers in both written and oral form
- Performing statistical process control input and interpret statistical data to compensate for machining deviation
- Completing mathematical calculations on fractions, percentages, and decimals and metric conversion
- All wages are based on a 40 hour work week, typical week would include 7.5 hours of overtime
- Health, Vision and Dental Insurance
- Short & Long-term Disability Insurance
- Life and AD&D Insurance
- Employee Profit Sharing
- 401(k) Plan with employer match
- Weekly payments
- Tuition reimbursement and education sponsorship
- Medical and Dependent Care Reimbursement Accounts
- Paid Time Off, Sick Days, and 10 Holidays
- Gym Membership Discounts
- Night Shift Premiums
- Guaranteed 7.5 hours of overtime (included in pay rate)