Quality Engineer Springfield TN
Springfield , TN 37172
Posted 4 days ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Johnson Electric is now recruiting for a Quality Engineer who has an automotive background for our plant in Springfield, TN. The Quality Engineer functions with the QE team to develop internal processes and systems to monitor and improve our production performance with a goal of Zero Defects and achievements of World Class Status. The QE serves as the initial point of contact between customer and Johnson Electric, lead and champion root cause analysis. The QE will also manage the product launches for the new programs, changes (internal and external).
RELOCATION PACKAGE AVAILABLE!
- Ensures quality problems are resolved in a timely and effective manner without re-occurrence, expert level in problem solving techniques (Customer/ Internal Issues and Internal PPM).
- Works with APQP team on new product development.
- Works with management to establish performance expectations for all our manufacturing processes and monitors those expectations for improvement.
- Support QE requirements for PPAP submissions and annual validation to the customer.
- Monitor Customer key measurables to achieve customer satisfaction.
- Primary contact for customer quality related concerns. Verifies and submits customer Corrective Actions in a timely, effective manner.
- Maintain key process documentations like Control Plan, PFMEA, Inspection Checklist, Internal PPM Gap Closure, CRRN's, Customer Issue QPR Log etc.
- Monitor and address any Layered Audit Findings, complete Layered Audits and Internal Audits on schedule.
- Provide daily updates at the morning walkabout meetings concerning product and process concerns and continual improvements.
- Ensures that all reporting is on time. Ensures that internal NMR's are responded to effectively and in a timely manner.
- Bachelor s Degree in Engineering
- Minimum of 5 years experience as a QE (or equivalent) in the automotive industry
- In-depth knowledge of automotive methodologies, to include: SPC, APQP, PFEMA development, Control Plans, PPAPs, Process Flow, AIAG requirements, and Customer specific requirements.
- In-depth knowledge of quality tools, to include: Fish Bone diagram, Pareto Charting, inspection tools, 5 Why, Is/Is Not, and other methods of structured problem solving.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to lead a problem solving team to meet group objectives.
- Thorough knowledge of modern office equipment with a special emphasis on: Excel, MSWord, Minitab, and other software.
Johnson Electric offers talented employees exceptional opportunities to learn and grow professionally with rewarding careers. We offer a competitive benefits package including medical, dental, prescription plan, vision, disability coverage, life insurance coverage, 401K match, and holiday/vacation benefits. Johnson Electric is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.