Clearwater , FL 33755
Posted 2 weeks ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Support product and process compliance to customer and industry requirements. Improve and deploy the quality management system and ensure compliance with requirements specified in AS9100 by establishing robust procedures and work instructions. Continuously improve our quality performance through process analysis and data driven decision-making.
The main objectives of the Quality Engineer are:
- Ensuring processes and methods to comply with AS9100 and other certifications are documented and followed
- Validate proper flow-down of requirements from customers to operations/test
- Support ongoing system implementation for Quality requirements
- Lead key quality meetings to drive routine information disposition and action for successful QMS deployment
- Drive customer satisfaction by striving to prevent quality escapes and timely follow-up on escapes
- Partner with engineering in root cause analysis of production issues (rework, scrap, etc.) to compel yield improvement, implementing process control and revising documentation
- Leverage quality software system to strengthen quality
- Learn production processes to become capable of driving the adoption of Lean Six Sigma (LSS)
- Support operational process improvements to achieve appropriate industry certifications.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Ensure AS9100 quality management system is maintained and improved
- Lead root-cause analyses and implementation of corrective actions as appropriate
- Teach, train, and lead work-cells in adopting continuous process improvement initiatives
- Collect, analyze, present and disseminate data in support of facility-wide continuous improvement
- Strengthen quality awareness across organization
- Perform process audits, as required, to support the Micross Quality Management System
- Provide technical assistance and support to manufacturing personnel and other departments, as needed
- Participate in a variety of meetings and work groups to integrate activities, communicate issues, obtain approvals, resolve problems and maintain specified level of knowledge pertaining to new developments, requirements, and policies
- Collaborate with Quality across all Micross locations to build synergy in approach to Quality
- Build meaningful and productive relationships with business partners
- Proactively participate in team efforts to achieve departmental and company goals
- Generate positive energy motivate others to build a positive team spirit
- Communicate effectively with all levels of employees
- Maintain the highest degree of honesty and integrity at all times
- Comply with all safety policies, practices and procedures
- Comply with all quality and ITAR policies, practices and procedures
- BS in engineering or physical sciences preferred: Component, industrial, manufacturing, or mechanical engineering, or equivalent.
- Minimum of three (3) to (5) years of quality engineering in a manufacturing environment.
- LSS experience: green belt preferred
- Practical competence in Six Sigma analytical tools and Lean Manufacturing methods preferred.
- Experience working in an electronics manufacturing facility strongly preferred
- Experience working in a AS9100 or TS16949 or ISO13485 environment a significant plus
- Experience within the military/aerospace industry (or other highly regulated industry) a plus
- Knowledge of MIL-Specs/STDs a plus
- A demonstrated high energy, results-focused self-starter
- Demonstrated planning skills; ability to prioritize, work under pressure and deliver against deadlines
- Team player who can multi-task effectively in a fast-paced, lean environment while maintaining quality standards.
- Strong analytical ability and a good decision-making
- Solid computer skills (Excel and PowerPoint)
Other Duties &
Salary and benefits commensurate with qualifications and experience.