Sorry, this job is no longer accepting applications.
See below for more jobs that match what you’re looking for!
H. Lee Solutions
Arden , NC 28704
Posted 2 months ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
The Quality Engineer provides technical support and quality expertise to assure that all products manufactured by the organization meet/exceed customer expectations.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Investigate reports of product / process nonconformities and improve process capability:
- Lead structured problem solving for internal and external issues, scrap, rework or returns.
- Coordinate with customers to return samples for material review.
- Follow-up/arrange containment, assure accurate counts, identification and disposition of all suspect material. Certify corrected shipments.
- Drive internal and supplier corrective action with effective cross-functional 8D and root cause analysis; assure effective corrective and preventative actions, verification and timely closure.
- Provide results/updates to customers as needed.
- Provides a high level of service to all internal and external customers.
- Manage all quality audit s and special studies; includes dock, in-process and incoming.
- Plan and conduct inspections, product and process audits.
- Recommend/adjust audit frequencies and/or inspection criteria.
- Arrange/conduct capability studies and analyze results as needed.
- Develop data collection worksheets and work instructions for recording, evaluating, and reporting quality performance data.
- Assure documented information is maintained and retained in compliance to IATF 16949 and customer requirements.
- Maintain clear, complete, concise instructions; review, approve and issue documents
- Retain complete, accurate quality records (i.e. PPAP, customer approvals, inspection plans and results, nonconformities, dispositions and 8D status
- Assure new/changed products, processes and equipment are managed through Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP) approach according to customer requirements.
- Assure change communication with customer occurs in a timely manner
- Partner with Supply Chain / Purchasing to improve capability and stability of supplier impacting product quality and/or process control. Conduct supplier audits as assigned.
- Plan and organize projects through the use of performance data. Track project status through regular meetings, documenting progress with metrics. Effectively oversee obstacles in order to maintain project progress.
- Utilize the PFMEA process to improve the effectiveness of Receiving Inspection. to create efficient product flow.
- Communicates significant issues or developments identified during quality activities and provides recommended process improvements to management and suppliers. Support other quality initiatives and duties as assigned.
Necessary Skills & Experience:
A minimum of 3 years in engineering, quality or project management in automotive, manufacturing and/or steel heat treating industry preferred.
- Demonstrates can do" approach; ability to adapt and streamline processes and champion change with strong flexible work ethic.
- Demonstrates ability to read and interpret complex product drawings and GD&T callouts.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office: (Excel, Word, and Outlook with PowerPoint preferred);
- Working knowledge of quality system requirements/compliance to ISO 9001 minimum; IATF16949 with use of AIAG PPAP, FMEA, APQP (Control Plans), Statistical Process Control (SPC) and Measurement System Analysis (MSA), preferred.
- Proficient interpreting engineering drawings for precision automotive components with complex GD&T callouts and gear data. Working understanding of measurement methods, layout inspection (CMM), gage calibration and industry standards for inspection and testing preferred;
- Strong verbal presentation and clear concise written communication skills appropriate to audience. Interfaces with different levels within the organization.
- Demonstrates success in establishing positive collaborative relationships; direct external customer experience preferred. Contributes to positive teamwork environment.
- Organizational and time management skills; must also be capable of working independently.
- Ability to lead others and work effectively in a fast paced, team environment
- Ability to understand and apply customer specifications, customer specific and automotive requirements; experience with automotive PPAP requirements and submissions preferred
- Production Machining Fabrication CNC background in Tier 1-2 automotive preferred
- Experience with Heat Treatment processes, destructive and non-destructive tests preferred
- Experience with CMM, Optical comparator, Contour Trace, and/or calibration preferred
- Attention to detail, excellent vision, fine motor skills and good judgment
Training & Education:
Bachelor degree in a technical field, such as Engineering, Statistics, or Sciences or equivalent work experience within an automotive manufacturing environment.
- ASQ Quality certifications (CQE, CRE, Black Belt etc.) preferred.
- IATF16949 internal auditor certification preferred.