Quality Asurance Technician - Machine Shop
Garland , TX 75040
Posted 4 months ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
AmpThink LLC/Rapid Tooling are looking for an experienced individual to assist and support our Quality Management System (QMS) within our machine shop/manufacturing business unit. Join our team of manufacturing specialists providing solutions to some of the biggest companies in the world. Since 1994 Rapid Tooling has been providing precision machined parts and assemblies to a broad range of business types, such as Defense, Energy, Medical, Electronics, Communications
The Quality Assurance Technician is responsible for the implementation, and maintenance of the organizations Quality Management Systems (QMS).
This is a QMS support position. As such, the responsibilities and competencies below are considered essential to success. A minimum of 2-3 years of QMS lead experience in a fast-paced machine shop or manufacturing environment is necessary to excel in this role.
- Ensure the Quality Management System conforms to the latest ISO standard and regulatory/legal requirements.
- Ensure evaluation of and reporting on vendor quality systems.
- Manage the monitoring, measurement, and review of internal process, especially those that directly affect the quality of the organizations products.
- Create internal audit schedule and ensure internal auditors are trained.
- Report to management all QMS performance metrics.
- Take ownership and lead periodic management review meetings. Ensure staff are competent and trained on QMS tools whilst driving continuous improvement.
- Help champion organizations efficiency improvements such as lien/Kaizen activities.
- Work to improve the efficiency and accuracy of methods and procedures which would improve product quality throughout product realization.
- Enter nonconformances and Corrective Actions into the ERP system and follow up with CAs to ensure their timely resolution and implementation.
- Evaluate data gathered from the QMS metrics to target areas of improvement and formulate corrective action plans.
- Support hands on QC activities within the manufacturing and QC areas.
Requirements and Abilities:
- Ability to be on your feet most of the working day (occasionally required)
- Ability to move or lift up to 50 pounds
- Good machine shop math skills (Apply geometry and trigonometry)
- Experience with manufacturing QMS tools
- Knowledge of GD&T
- Outstanding communicator with excellent written and verbal skills
AmpThink offers benefits which include 3 weeks of paid leave per year, 8 paid holidays, fully funded health insurance, and a Simple IRA plan with company match. Our AmpForce program allows employees to use 3 paid work days to work for a charity or non-profit of their choosing. Our AmpThink gear program allows employees to select AmpThink