Quality Assurance Technician
Louisville , KY 40201
Posted 1 week ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Tova Industries is looking to enhance its Quality Assurance team by adding a highly qualified QA Technician with basic knowledge of GMP, HACCP and SQF, to support implementation, enforcement, and compliance of quality food safety standards, in accordance to GFSI, FSMA, and all other regulatory requirements and customer specification. The applicant must be able to effectively communicate both in English and Spanish.
- Assures that plant meets or xceeds GFSI and FSMA food safety requirements by enforcing and documenting established food safety plans, programs and standards.
- Monitor, verify, and record HACCP/GMP/CCP/GMP data as required by HACCP Plan, FSMA Food Safety Plan and SQF system.
- Perform daily Pre-op checks, line checks and key quality checks at established frequencies.
- Tests and inspects products at various stages of the production process.
- Actively participates in the Product Hold procedure, and provides support on food safety and quality issue resolution and corrective actions.
- Performs planned calibration, swabbing and routine environmental and sanitation swab sampling, as assigned.
- Performs miscellaneous duties and projects as assigned and required.
- Monitor and maintain overall hygienic and safe conditions of the facility.
- High School Degree or Equivalent (College Level Courses a plus)
- Background/Experience in Food Production Operations (Quality Department is a plus)
- Bilingual (Spanish and English)- a must to accommodate our bi-lingual worforce
- Microsoft Office Experience (Word, Excel)
- Leaderships Skills
- Highly Attentive to Detail
- Demonstrated successful, stable work history and teamwork oriented
- Able to work overtime and occasional Saturdays
- Screening requirements include: drug screen, criminal background check, prior employment verification and drivers license check
We offer an attractive benefits package which includes: medical, dental, and vision insurance; life insurance; paid vacation, ten paid holidays, paid personal days; 401K plan and educational assistance.