Quality Assurance Manager
Richmond , VA 23238
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Richmond, VAPosition Status:
Extremely competitive w/ 15% yearly bonusShift:
Monday Friday (8am to 5pm) Position Description
The QA Manager leads the Quality Assurance function for the company. The primary responsibilities are the determination of vision and strategy to execute the QA process and execution vision within the company including the organization and technology to support this vision. Of critical importance is driving the adoption of Automation, TDD and BDD principles within the application teams with a focus on driving quality.PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIESStrategic Leadership
Establish Standards and Best Practices
- Drive quality engineering strategies that support rapid product development with world-class levels of quality
- Responsible for day-to-day strategic team decisions
- Establish a climate for positive morale and engagement in the team
- Coordinate, prioritize and manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously
- Accountable for teams use and adherence to company methodology
- Ability to drive through obstacles and time constraints to overcome barriers and successfully deliver results
- Create/maintain team staffing and scheduling, to include time tracking
- Demonstrated ability to schedule and execute hardware and software releases
- Establish and promote a test automation culture. Work to continuously improve test automation tools, processes, and associate capabilities.
- Establish and manage testing practices for automated performance and load testing of software and systems.
- Establish and support DevOps implementations by providing continuous integration/continuous delivery aligned test automation
- Establish and maintain Test Management processes and technology to support evidence of testing in support of change management practices as well as controls attestation.
- Experience with quality assurance tools and defect tracking systems (i.e. HP ALM).
- Knowledge of the System Development Life Cycle (Agile and Waterfall).
- CSQA, CSTE or other relative certification preferred
- Expert ability to understand the business principles and priorities of the supported business channel
- Consistent ability to build positive relationships and partnership with team members in supported business areas
- Expert ability to interact with the co-workers including understanding of requirements and proposed solutions
- Consistent ability to lead meetings and discussions in order to gain consensus and establish direction
- Continually seeks opportunities to increase internal customer satisfaction and deepen client relations.
- Responsible for ongoing associate development
- Consistent ability to provide associate feedback by writing and delivering Annual Performance Reviews
- Working with associates to collaboratively establish an Individual Development Plan and review them on a timely basis
- Ability to track associate performance and provide them with appropriate feedback
To perform this position successfully, an individual must be able to consistently execute each essential duty & responsibility as well as consistently show proficiency with the following qualifications. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
- Leadership can apply clear direction and priorities to the team
- Provides vision into the big picture
- Serves as a role model and leads by example
- Inspires and motivates the team
- Strong communication skills required
- Implement new policies and procedures effectively
- Promotes a customer focused team
- Promotes associate responsibility through work ownership and engagement
- Addresses tough issues in a timely manner
- Provides guidance and mentoring to team members
- Drives for results Has demonstrated a consistent ability to deliver solutions on-time and with high quality
- Business process knowledge a plus
- Years of experience, Typically 7+ years of applicable experience for position
- Education preference, 4-year degree in IT related course of study
- Computer skills, Microsoft Office experience required
- Related skills, Strong project management skills required
- Experience managing people preferred