Quality Assurance Manager
Portland , OR 97230
Posted 11 months ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
The mission of Lazarus Naturals is to bring high quality and affordable hemp-based CBD products to market so anyone can afford the positive benefits it has to offer. We have a fun, fast-paced, and close-knit workplace environment and are looking for an energetic, disciplined and detail-oriented Quality Assurance Technician to join our expanding team and help us further our mission.
This is an exciting opportunity to gain experience in a booming industry and a rapidly-growing company that makes CBD accessible to those who need it most. Our ideal candidate will be a quick learner that thrives in a fast-paced environment. This position reports directly to the Quality Manager and will be directly responsible for the following:
- Working with the Production and Packaging Departments to ensure that Quality procedures are implemented and followed.
- Performing regular product and process audits for both raw materials and finished goods, reporting findings, and assisting with corrective actions.
- Evaluation of the manufacturing facility and warehouse space condition to recognize and collaborate in the remediation of gaps ensuring compliance with regulatory and GMP requirements.
- Develop and manage QC/QA team, sanitation quality standards, production quality standards and raw material and product release.
- Collaborate in the creation and implementation of site quality standards
- Assisting with the development and writing of SOP's, process documentation and quality checklists.
- Daily quantitative analysis, data-entry, test results, paperwork verification and review of logs.
- Ensuring weekly inventory, reporting equipment, supply, and tool needs are met
- Sustaining and contributing to Continuous Quality Improvement strategies throughout the production site and assisting with the development of quality best practices.
- Ensuring compliance with all quality management systems, continuous improvement programs, food safety, employee safety, sanitation, and preventative maintenance programs.
- Minimum two years of quality control background in one or more of the following industries: Chemistry, Biotechnology, Pharmaceuticals, Packaging, Dietary Supplements, or Industrial Food-Processing.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment while maintaining production and quality standards.
- Strong writing, communication and math skills.
- Strong attention to detail and willingness to learn new things.
- Comfortable working with Microsoft Office and Google Suite Programs.
- BA/BS or the equivalent combination of education, training and related business experience.
- Ideal candidate would be familiar with Production and Manufacturing Process Flows, GMP, HAACP, ISO, QCS/QMS, as well as OSHA Guidelines.
- Veterans strongly encouraged to apply.
- Medical Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- 401K Program
- Employee Discount Program
Positions require standing, repetitive movement, bending and twisting, and using hands to handle objects; exposure to sustained noise levels; exposure to a variety of food allergens; exposure to hazards such as machinery, slippery floors, ladders, and powered industrial vehicles. May be required to wear personal protective equipment (PPE).