Quality Assurance Inspector
Raytheon Technologies Corp
Middletown , CT 06457
Posted 3 weeks ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
United States of America
PW102: Middletown Aircraft Rd P.O. Box 611, Middletown, CT, 06457 USA
Pratt & Whitney is working to once again transform the future of flight-designing, building and servicing engines unlike any the world has ever seen. And because transformation begins from within, we're seeking the people to drive it. So, calling all curious.
Come ready to explore and you'll find a place where your talent takes flight-beyond the borders of title, a country or your comfort zone. Bring your passion and commitment and we'll welcome you into a tight-knit team that takes our mission personally. Channel your drive to make a difference into shaping an organization and an industry that's evolving fast to the future.
Where the difference you make is on display every day. Just look up.
Are you ready to go beyond?
- PERFORM DIMENSIONAL AND VISUAL INSPECTIONS FOLLOWING STANDARDIZED METHODS AND ESTABLISHED TECHNIQUES, WHICH MAY INVOLVE SURFACE PLATE WORK, OR STANDARD MEASURING TECHNIQUES TO VERIFY ACCURACY OF PARTS, TOOLS, GAGES OR OTHER EQUIPMENT.
- ACCEPT OR REJECT MATERIAL BASED ON FINDINGS.
- WORK FROM APPLICABLE WRITTEN INSPECTION PROCEDURES DRAWINGS AND OTHER PERTINENT INSTRUCTIONS TO PLAN AND PERFORM DIMENSIONAL AND VISUAL INSPECTION ON PARTS TOOLS, GAGES AND OTHER EQUIPMENT, ACCEPTING MATERIAL OR REFERRING FOR REWORK OR QUALITY REVIEW BASED ON FINDINGS.
- USE A VARIETY OF FIXED AND VARIABLE MEASURING INSTRUMENTS INCLUDING AUTOMATED MEASURING
- MACHINES WHERE PROGRAM INSTRUCTIONS ARE WELL DEFINED TO CHECK DIMENSIONS AND RECORD RESULTS. PERFORM NECESSARY MATHEMATICAL COMPUTATIONS TO DETERMINE EXTENT OF NONCONFORMANCE AND COMPLETE APPROPRIATE PAPERWORK.
- FOLLOW PROPER PROCEDURES TO PERFORM IN-LINE CHECKS AND VERIFICATION OF DIMENSIONS AND MAKE SURE THAT OPERATION SHEETS ARE BEING FOLLOWED.
- RECOGNIZE NEED AND ARRANGE FOR REPAIR OR REPLACEMENT OF EQUIPMENT USED IN PERFORMING THE WORK AS NECESSARY.
- PERFORM ROUTINE SERVICING THROUGHOUT ASSIGNED AREA FOLLOWING SPECIFIED PROCEDURES AND WRITTEN INSTRUCTIONS SUCH AS INSPECTOR'S CHECK LIST FOR UPKEEP AND ASSURE EQUIPMENT OPERATES PROPERLY.
- ASSIST OTHERS WHO ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR SPECIALIZED INSPECTION PROCESSES SUCH AS THOSE FOUND IN STATISTICAL PROCESS CONTROL OR OTHER SIMILAR QUALITY ASSURANCE PROGRAMS, THE INVESTIGATION OF UNUSUAL NONCHANGED INSPECTION SEQUENCES AND OTHER SPECIALIZED ASSIGNMENTS WITHIN CONFORMANCE AND NEW OR CHANGED INSPECTION SEQUENCES AND OTHER SPECIALIZED ASSIGNMENTS WITHIN THE SCOPE AND SKILL LEVEL OF THIS JOB DESCRIPTION.
- REFER DIFFICULTIES TO LEADER/SUPERVISOR.
- MAY BE ASSIGNED TO CARRY OUT TASKS, NOT SPECIFICALLY LISTED, WITHIN THE SCOPE AND SKILL LEVEL OF THIS JOB DESCRIPTION IN SUPPORT OF DEPARTMENT OBJECTIVES AND TO DEVELOP INDIVIDUALS' SKILLS.
- MUST BE ABLE TO WORK FROM DRAWINGS AND USE PRECISION MEASURING EQUIPMENT SUCH AS VERNIER CALIPERS AND HEIGHT GAGES, INDICATORS, SIZE BLOCKS AND SINE BARS.
- MUST BE ABLE TO MAKE ARITHMETICAL CALCULATIONS INVOLVING THE USE OF DECIMALS AND FRACTIONS, ANGLES, SUBSTITUTION OF NUMBERS IN SIMPLE FORMULA.
- 1 - 2 YEARS EXPERIENCE
- US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED DUE TO GOVERNMENT CONTRACTS
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms