VIEW JOBS10/11/2018 12:00:00 AM2019-01-09T00:00Realty Income is an S&P 500 company located in San Diego. Founded in 1969 and listed NYSE since 1994, we have delivered compound average annual total returns of ~16%. Realty Income owns more than 5,000 commercial real estate properties with an enterprise value of over $22 billion. Our tenants include companies such as Walgreens, FedEx, Treasury Wine Estates, 7-Eleven and Lifetime Fitness. In aggregate, we have tenants operating in nearly 50 industries across 49 states and Puerto Rico. Our company attracts individuals who value integrity, perseverance, and teamwork. If you appreciate working in a professional environment that rewards employees based on meritocracy and values a work-life balance, make sure to apply today!
We are looking to hire an experienceSenior Legal Counsel to collaborate with Portfolio Acquisitions ("PA") in acquiring a variety of real estate assets, including but not limited to bulk assets and development projects, for the Company's rapidly growing real estate portfolio. The Senior Legal Counsel will supervise Real Estate Paralegals on assigned matters and manage all necessary legal services, in combination with outside counsel and third-party service providers. They will be responsible to collaborate with Company's interdisciplinary team of professionals to devise an optimal acquisition approach and provide effective legal advice to the Company's executives. Ensure internal and external compliance requirements for assigned transactions are achieved and address auditor inquiries as required.
The primary duties of theSenior Legal Counsel include:
Portfolio Acquisitions and Management:
* Coordinate, analyze, manage, negotiate, document and close wide range of multifaceted acquisition transactions, including bulk asset acquisitions and a variety of transaction structures (e.g., asset, corporate, merger, etc.).
* Coordinate with the Corporate Paralegal for assignment of real estate assets to Company subsidiary as necessary for acquisition transactions.
* Supervise assigned Real Estate Paralegals and collaborate with interdisciplinary team to devise optimal approach in context of assigned transaction.
* Review, draft, negotiate and approve documents for a broad variety of real estate acquisitions.
* Review, evaluate and approve information and reports received in connection with complex acquisition transactions.
* Review existing loan documents and negotiate lender consent documents in connection with the assumption of in-place loans encumbering real estate.
* Supervise paralegals in coordinating escrow closings and post-closing matters.
* Exercise creativity and resourcefulness in resolving legal matters effectively and efficiently.
* Consult with the Acquisitions team on deal structure and strategic alternatives for acquisition of more complex opportunities.
* Develop and make recommendations to Assistant General Counsel or General Counsel regarding improvements to internal policies and procedures for handling acquisition and development transactions.
* Prepare extensive Excel abstract to advise Portfolio Management and Portfolio Acquisitions departments on a broad variety of current and potential management, financial and legal issues that may impact their respective scope of work for each real estate asset that is part of an assigned transaction.
* Perform comprehensive accounting analysis of rent and prepare rent table for each real estate asset part of assigned transactions.
* Provide clarification on legal language or specifications.
* Research and evaluate different risk factors regarding business decisions and operations.
* Apply effective risk management techniques and offer proactive advice on possible legal issues.
* Communicate and negotiate with external parties (brokers, external counsel, third party vendors etc.), creating relations of trust.
* Provide professional legal counsel and advice to Company executives.
* Assist in interviewing and hiring Legal personnel.
* Review and approve construction draw requests; assist in coordinating, processing and documenting same and closing projects out.
* Second-level review of attorney and paralegal work, as needed.
* General legal research and investigation.
* Routine advice/counsel to all departments on legal matters.
* General legal document review, drafting and negotiating.
* Special projects and duties as assigned.
Education and Experience Required:
* A Juris Doctorate degree with proven academic success from an accredited law school, together with substantial experience in commercial real estate transaction law;
* Minimum of 7 years of on-point legal experience; and
* Any combination of training, experience, skills and other characteristics that would provide the requisite knowledge and abilities in support of the essential job functions; and
* Membership in State Bar of California (Non-California attorneys who otherwise meet the requisite qualifications are not necessarily ineligible to perform legal work for the Company, but, if employed in such a capacity, would be required to register with the State Bar of California and hold the title of "Senior Registered In-House Counsel").
Knowledge and Skills Required:
* Proven experience as a legal counsel in business environment.
* Highly effective written and verbal communication skills; ability to communicate complex ideas and issues clearly and concisely.
* Ability to read, analyze and interpret a wide variety of -complex legal documents and agreements.
* Excellent knowledge and understanding of real estate and corporate law.
* Adept and proficient at advanced legal document drafting and negotiating.
* Ability to effectively identify, research and analyze routine-to-complex legal issues, assess potential exposure, propose alternative courses of action and make well-reasoned recommendations.
* Ability to exercise creativity and resourcefulness in problem solving and promote effective and efficient resolution of legal matters.
* Ability to analyze complicated and complex legal matters and make well-reasoned judgments to minimize risk and add value to the Department and Company.
* Ability to effectively manage time, handle multiple projects concurrently, work under pressure and meet deadlines.
* Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships, and to function effectively as part of a team.
* Ability to actively listen to others, understand their position and respond appropriately.
* Adaptability to diverse legal issues and areas of legal practice.
* Highly proficient, effective; exceedingly professional.
* Capacity to effectually lead, manage, counsel, develop, train and support Real Estate Paralegals in their positions and profession.
Realty Income CorporationSan DiegoCA
VIEW JOBS10/10/2018 12:00:00 AM2019-01-08T00:00Job Detail
Job IdN1967083Job TitleLegal CounselPost Date10/09/2018Company-DivisionQualcomm Incorporated-Technology Licensing
LocationCalifornia - San Diego
Job OverviewQualcomm is looking for a talented and motivated attorney to apply technical, analytical, communication, negotiation, and legal skills working in a team environment to support standards and IPR policy development in Standards Development Organizations. The candidate who is the right fit will enjoy collaborative work with other Qualcomm professionals, will understand patent licensing considerations, and have interest in negotiating multiparty agreements and policy document changes. The work will involve understanding SDO IPR policy compliance, providing advice and working with engineering teams. The winning candidate will provide legal advice to the Qualcomm Standards group and any Qualcomm employees participating as members in organizations such as Standards Development Organizations and related SIGs and fora, and industry associations. The candidate will advise on issues related to new and existing membership agreements, as well as drafting and revising the needed guidelines and related compliance documents to ensure participant compliance with policies of such organizations. Travel may be required. All Qualcomm employees are expected to actively support diversity on their teams, and in the Company.Minimum Qualifications3+ years experience in corporate legal practice requiredPreferred QualificationsThe candidate should be outgoing and motivated, demonstrate initiative, and possess technical, legal, and interpersonal skills with the desire to work in a team environment. Law firm experience, practice as patent counsel, Mandarin language capacity, Standards technical and policy work, Open Source legal experience, Computer Science and/or Electrical Engineering degree, public speaking, all will be a plus. Education Requirements
" id="hdnEducationalRequirements" /> Law Degree and admission to practice in the United States, preferably California Bar admission.
VIEW JOBS10/16/2018 12:00:00 AM2019-01-14T00:00Job Detail
Job IdN1967339Job TitleLegal SpecialistPost Date10/14/2018Company-DivisionQualcomm Incorporated-Legal
LocationCalifornia - San Diego
Job OverviewQualcomm is an international leader in driving innovation and developing intellectual property. One of the world's most productive Intellectual Property Departments has an opportunity within its Operations team. The ideal candidate will play a crucial role in helping to drive department initiatives and support operations planning activities. The position is ideally suited for a detail orientated professional looking to work in a collaborative, cross-functional department. Provide Legal Specialist support to patent prosecution attorneys. Assist with the preparation, filing, prosecution, and maintenance of domestic and foreign patent applications. Prepare docket and status reports, monitor and track patent portfolio. Liaison between in-house counsel, inventors, outside counsel, and foreign associates to guide and manage internal IP prosecution efforts, including document collection, reporting, and basic IP research. Prepare and file US, PCT and foreign prosecution related documents via USPTO/EFS and foreign patent offices, including applications, amendments, and other prosecution filings.All Qualcomm employees are expected to actively support diversity on their teams, and in the Company.Minimum Qualifications5 years of experience in working with Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel and Outlook required; Access and PowerPoint, Visio, etc. a plus) 1 years of experience in with IP Manager 4 years of Patent prosecutionPreferred QualificationsExperience in law firm and/or vendor management is a plus. Self-starter with excellent organizational skills and acute attention to detail Flexible w/ ability to multi-task and prioritize effectively in a fast paced environment. Manage multiple priorities and meet strict and often changing deadlines. Must possess a high level of professionalism and interpersonal skills. Ability to work well with employees at all levels within the organization. Maintain a positive, professional and productive work culture within the group Encourage and facilitate open communication. Able to think logically and communicate questions, thoughts and ideas clearly, both verbally and in writing Ability to work independently with minimal guidance. Proactively assume responsibility and consistently follow through on assignments and deadlines in a timely manner. Demonstrate complete working knowledge and understanding of the USPTO Private PAIR and EFS systems. Working knowledge of MPEP with the ability to conduct research and analysis.Education RequirementsParalegal Certificate OR College graduate KeywordsQualcommSan DiegoCA