QA Test Analyst 2 - Seattle, WA
Seattle , WA 98101
Posted 3 weeks ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Duration: 6 months, extension possible
Core Hours: Monday-Friday, 10am-5pm
Overtime: Yes, compensated accordingly
Client/Work Site: Seattle, WA
Team: Experiences, tests the social aspects of VR gaming
Keywords is hiring Senior test analysts who can drive end-to-end testing of world-class virtual reality devices of one of our major clients based in Seattle, WA.
This is a senior tester role in a fast-paced environment. The expectation is that those in the role are capable of world-class test planning and execution, driving end-to-end testing of multiple features, and mentoring junior members on the team. Those in the role are expected to be flexible, proactive, confident, clear, and professional in their testing and communication, and are expected to ramp up quickly on their teams, becoming experts in their areas of focus.
Keywords provides a competitive compensation package, good benefits and a casual, fun, productive and supportive working environment. We empower people to perform to the best of their ability with our can do attitude. We appreciate and embrace flexibility and learn at every opportunity to grow ourselves through experience, training and tackling new challenges. This is what makes us Keywordians.
- Execute, maintain, and collaborate on test cases.
- Add cases to an existing/established area.
- Edit existing cases for accuracy.
- Send feedback to other test case creators.
- Author new test cases as features are added and/or requirements change.
- Reporting on test statuses and open defects, based on impact.
- Other reports based on the needs of the team.
- Provide clarity on defect reports.
- Identifying test and process gaps and raising them to the leadership team.
- Create and assign test runs.
- Investigate and report on software and hardware bugs.
- Report newly discovered issues.
- Verify bug fixes.
- Review bug reports from other team members.
- Review bugs reported in their area.
- Identify duplicate bugs.
- Ask for clarity from bug creators when needed.
- Ensure that bugs adhere to client bug reporting standards.
- Bug triage and proper escalation.
- Conduct targeted ad-hoc of undocumented areas.
- Act as the subject matter expert for a system or activity.
- Understand the ins and outs of a system, activity, or area.
- Show proactivity in reading development docs, development tasks, group posts, etc.
- Answer questions about how to appropriately test a feature.
- Define areas that are ready or not ready for QA.
- Alert the team regarding new work/areas and the assumed impact on dependent systems.
- Creating test plans for new features
- Review and update chats and group posts to keep others up-to-date on progress and known issues.
- Ramp up quickly on any team as assigned.
- Interact cross-functionally.
- Feature bring-ups with engineers.
- Ad-hoc requests from other teams.
- Guide/mentor junior members of the team in areas such as (but not limited to):
- Bugging best practices.
- Bug investigation.
- Effective testing strategies.
- Writing test cases and outlines.
- Significant experience in a testing position.
- Experience writing test cases, test plans and implementing test strategy.
- Ability to drive multiple features at the same time.
- Ability to work completely independently in an environment of varying ambiguity.
- Experience with test tools used for debugging or investigation such as Visual Studio, GDB, Android Studio, etc.
- Experience with commonly used bug-tracking software such as Jira, Bugzilla, Mantis, etc.
- Experience writing clear and concise reports.
- Experience reviewing logs to derive the root-cause of bugs.
- Competency with command line tools.
- Experience with prioritizing/triaging issues to completion.
- Able to scope out/refine processes.
- Strong understanding of the software development lifecycle and quality assurance.
- Strong deductive reasoning.
- Professional, clear, accurate and succinct written and verbal communication.
- Demonstrated organizational skills and detail-oriented focus.
Nice to have:
- Experience in VR.
- Experience with Android debugging tools.
- Experience working with a variety of automated and manual testing methodologies.
- Experience with commonly used test case-tracking software such as TestRail, etc.
- Experience in Python.
- Experience with Android & iOS mobile platforms.
At KeyWords we provide all our contingent workforce with:
- Paid Time Off (16 days including sick days and holidays)
- 401k (3% matching)
- Medical, Dental and Vision benefits
- Monthly transportation stipend ($160/month)
- Free meals and snacks