QA Automation Engineer Lead
Kestra Financial, Inc.
Austin , TX 78735
Posted 4 months ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
The primary focus of this role is to collaborate with Technology Leadership on defining and executing on a test strategy and approach for Kestra Financial. This includes leading automation efforts that result in scalable and reusable regression tests across all Kestra environments. This role is responsible for providing quality assurance leadership for an assigned sprint team but will also collaborate across sprint teams to ensure quality standards are maintained consistently.
To perform this job successfully, individual must be able to execute each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Define, implement and automate the testing of APIs, UIs and data flows.
- Provide guidance to other team members who are learning automation technologies.
- Implement automation testing best practices, procedures and guidelines for consistency across the organization.
- Understand application architecture, feature design and test automation strategies to increase software test coverage, software quality and agile team velocity.
- Provide realistic and accurate time estimates for assigned work as requested.
- Lead efforts to develop, document, and implement applicable QA processes and procedures to provide more effective quality methods within the group in support of providing quality releases.
- Write clear, maintainable tests for the front-end, back-end and everything in between.
- Create, implement, maintain, and enhance test plans, test scripts, and test methodologies that ensure exhaustive testing of all assigned software systems.
- Identify and analyze defects/test results and be able to deduct the chain of events leading to a failure.
- Identify areas for test improvement through analysis, experience and use of QA metrics.
- Passionate about testing software and motivated to improve skills, process and continuously learn.
- A self-motivated, self-starter, organized and collaborative team player.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Fast learner and be able to work in a fast paced environment.
- Manual testing when necessary.
- Strong knowledge of software quality assurance best practices and methodologies.
- Experience with Selenium, Robot Framework and Python preferred.
- Ability to analyze Business Requirements and Specifications.
- Good knowledge of UAT testing and Software Test Life Cycle.
- Advanced skill set on relational database concepts and can create SQL scripts for data validation.
- Knowledgeable of object oriented programming concepts is preferred.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent listening and interpersonal skills.
- Advanced knowledge of software automation testing best practices and methodologies.
- Ability to communicate ideas in both technical and user-friendly language.
- 4-year college diploma or university, degree in Software Engineering or computer science preferred
- Experience in developing Traceability by Test Result Analysis and Defect Management
- Experience with testing tools, processes, and metric gathering/tracking
A brand new state of the art building in Southwest Austin with a basketball court, volleyball court, baseball field, walking trails, unlimited coffee, tea, and sparkling water.
Full health, vision, dental, 401(k) plans along with a host of voluntary plans such as car insurance, legal services, and more.