QA Automation Engineer
Salt Lake City , UT 84111
Posted 2 months ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Are you a talented QA Automation Engineer looking to make a real difference? Would you like to join a growing company with GREAT benefits? Celtic Bank is looking for its first QA Automation Engineer to automate our QA testing process. You will be analyzing our software tools, apps and portals and then designing a suite of automated tests for regression testing and smoke testing. As the primary owner of the automation program at Celtic Bank, you will be expected to be self-motivated, work hard and set / reach goals to move the program forward. To accomplish this, you will work with a dynamic and supportive team. To be successful, you will need advanced programming skills, a keen eye for detail, and excellent project management skills.
- Review software requirements in order to develop test plans and test cases, and then determine which test cases to automate.
- Work with the software team to understand application design and weaknesses and discuss verification protocols.
- Design an automated test framework that will scale to multiple applications, test scenarios and test environments.
- Create test scripts using Cypress to verify software requirements and mitigate regression.
- Manage multiple tasks and responsibilities in high-pressure environments, excelling at pinpointing and resolving problems.
- Complete testing tasks on time and communicate regularly with the development team.
- Create and manage test databases for multiple test environments.
- Exercise verbal and written communication skills and demonstrate the ability to work equally well in self-managed and team-based projects.
- Report on the results and progress of the automated tests and report bugs and improvements.
- Set and manage quarterly goals.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Must have a bachelors degree in CS or related field
- Must have 2-3 years experience writing automated tests in Selenium and/or Cypress
- Additional 3-4 years experience as a manual QA Engineer helpful Experience with APEX or other programming languages a plus
- Should be fluent with SOQL and basic database query languages
- Experience with xRay (test case management) and JIRA (bug tracking) will be very helpful
- Must possess the following team skills:
- Communicate with Team Lead and Team Members effectively
- Log time and give status updates on tasks promptly
- Must understand the following Programming/Database concepts:
- Object Oriented Principals
- Relational Database Design
- AJAX methodologies
- JSON/XML API integrations
- Medical, dental, vision
- 401(k) with employer match
- Life and long-term disability coverage
- HSA and FSA plans
- Annual bonus plan
- Holidays and paid time off requests
- Employee Recognition Program
- Robust Wellness Program
- catered breakfasts, lunch & learns, on-site gym, fitness trainers, yoga and kickboxing!
During the pandemic we are all working remote until it is safe to return to working from the office. Candidates will need to be able to work both from home and from our SLC office.
Headquartered in the heart of downtown Salt Lake City, Utah, Celtic Bank is the 4th largest SBA lender in the nation! Celtic Bank is an online bank and a leading nationwide lender specializing in SBA 7(a), SBA 504, USDA B&I, express loans, asset-based loans, solar loans, commercial real estate loans and commercial construction loans. In 2020 we were a leading bank in providing PPP loans to small businesses affected by the COVID-19 pandemic.
Physical and Other Requirements
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. The demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Stationary Work: The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to type, handle documents, and perform other office related duties. Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
- Mobility: The employee in this position needs to occasionally move between work sites and inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc.
- Communicate: The employee is regularly required to talk or hear and will frequently communicate with others. Must be able to read, write and understand fluent English.