Sorry, this job is no longer accepting applications.
See below for more jobs that match what you’re looking for!
Python Software Developer
Carlsbad , CA 92010
Posted 5 months ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Proficio is one of the fastest growing Managed Detection and Response (MDR) providers (formerly MSSP) in America, providing 247 security analysis and monitoring services to mid to large-sized enterprises. Our growth is being fueled by the rapid rise in cloud-based services, the acceptance of the Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) model, and the increasing number of cyber security attacks on businesses, hospitals and government. We have developed proprietary security content and threat intelligence tools to identify and proactively defend against advanced attacks and insider threats.
Are you interested in working on highly impactful technical challenges to help the world be more secure? Want to solve unique, large-scale, highly complex technical problems?
Our Software Engineers focus on security and/or privacy engineering for components of our systems, such as client devices, networking equipment and server infrastructure, with an emphasis on threats from all sources. You will be building large-scale systems to protect Proficios cloud customers, including; hardening our core infrastructure, detecting intrusion attempts, monitoring privileged user activity, providing identity and access management services, or preventing malware across various platforms.
At Proficio, our clients come first, and the Research & Development team is constantly building new services to protect our clients.
- Design and engineer cloud security services and infrastructure.
- Develop, implement, document, and execute standard procedures for the administration, content management, change management, version/patch management, and lifecycle management of our software services
- Provides guidance to management during proof-of-concept reviews for our ever-growing end-to-end security products.
- Research, design and apply advanced security techniques
- Experience working with two or more from the following: web application development, Unix/Linux environments, mobile application development, distributed and parallel systems, machine learning, information retrieval, natural language processing, networking, developing large software systems, and/or security software development.
- BS Degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- At least 2+ year of recent experience building responsive web applications
- Well-versed in developing software that controls network security, security policies, cryptography, authentication, and
- Experience with SQL/No-SQL and database technologies (MySQL, PostgreSQL, Splunk, Elasticsearch
- Experience with production system operations (logging, alerting, etc)
- Experience in using software / hardware / networking tools for White-Hat Hacking is a plus
- Security certifications, such as Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH), CompTIA Security+, will be a plus
- Experience with orchestration tools such as Ansible, Chef, and/or Puppet is a plus
- Familiarity with OWASP standards a plus
- Positive Leader
- Team Player
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work in a dynamic and rapidly changing environment resourceful!
- Startup experience a plus
- Agile/Scrum experience (including Jira) a plus
- Peer training and mentoring with upward mobility
- Medical, Dental and Vision health plans and other benefits from day 1
- 401K plan
- Gym reimbursement
- Weekly ProLunch, Game Room and fun employee activities!
- Employee Assistance Program
- Life and Voluntary Life Insurance programs
- Relevant continuing education and certifications