North Charleston , SC 29406
Posted 2 weeks ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
The Purchasing Specialist is responsible for the procurement of assigned product lines, supplies and services at the lowest possible cost across multiple locations. The Purchasing Specialist minimizes inventory stockouts and overages by managing vendor lead times, collaborating with the sales and operations department, and setting preferred stock levels and re-order points based on historical demand and future sales forecasts. The Purchasing Specialist oversees the logistics of product arrival and ensures all freight and duty is loaded into the product cost.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities, as management may deem necessary from time to time.
- Manage current vendors, research and contract with new sources, develop delivery timelines and evaluate each vendor. Negotiate pricing, terms, freight, and volume discounts.
- Manage international and domestic supplier base and their performance to ensure quality and value.
- Ensure purchases are made at the lowest cost and the highest quality consistently.
- Manage and coordinate the logistics for routine international imports or unique import projects. .
- Ensure product specifications and certifications are maintained.
- Determine when to expedite critical and overdue purchase orders.
- Maintain the sales and operations process and demand planning tools to minimize inventory stock outs and optimize inventory levels.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Supply Chain, or Operations related field preferred
- Experience in purchasing, importing, price negotiation, vendor selection and assessment, quality control, demand forecasting, and inventory management
- 3-5 years of related purchasing experience, international preferred
- Experience with NetSuite or other ERP system required
- Experience with demand planning software preferred
- Knowledge/experience with energy efficiency and/or water product industry preferred
- Experience with Chinese vendor relationships and negotiation preferred
Required Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Must have excellent problem solving and decision-making skills as well as strong negotiation skills
- Must be able to respond quickly to changing demands and processes
- Must be able to work independently while balancing multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Must be a team player committed to working in a quality environment
- Must have good interpersonal skills to facilitate communications with current and future vendors
- Proven negotiating and relationship management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel and PowerPoint. NetSuite knowledge a plus
Licenses & Certifications
- ~5%, annual international trips to China possible, depending upon need and experience
$45-50K/yr- Monday – Friday 8:00 am - 5:30 pm