Plant Prefab, Inc.
Rialto , CA 92376
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
The Purchasing Manager will be responsible for managing procurement and would be a qualified team leader and a member of the Rialto facility leadership team. This person will supervise, manage, mentor, and motivate team members, in addition to the responsibilities listed below. This person will enable effective team collaboration within other departments in the organization and vendors to achieve company goals. The position reports to the General Manager of the facility.
- Oversee day-to day operation of purchasing, inventory and receiving.
- Creates and updates standard operating procedures and ensure compliance.
- Monitor ongoing compliance with contractual agreements.
- Setup and maintain all data systems and reporting within our ERP system, Netsuite.
- Analyze cost proposals, financial reports, and other information to support supplier, subcontractor and vendor negotiations.
- Negotiates volume pricing and monitors commodity activity in the market.
- Manage inventory control.
- Monitors vendor relations and negotiate superior credit terms with vendors and subcontractors.
- Follows environmental and safety regulations and acts in compliance with U.S. laws.
- Complies with safety and corporate guidelines on business ethics.
- Manage, mentor and motivate team members who support purchasing, inventory and receiving activities.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration or related field
- 5-10 years of purchasing experience in custom residential, modular and/or multifamily construction.
- Extensive knowledge in construction materials.
- Excellent time management.
- Superior proficiency and experience with purchasing software tools (e.g. Excel, Microsoft Office and ERP Systems).
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Ability to collaborate with other departments.
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and dedication to the mission of Plant Prefab.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Salary and stock options commensurate with experience and skills. Other great benefits including the opportunity to work with great architects and to create homes that improve the quality of living for people and the planet.