Smyrna , GA 30080
Posted 4 weeks ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
The Purchasing Manager is responsible for the direction and coordination of Halstead New Englands inventory. The Purchasing Manager performs a critical oversight function as they monitor sales and inventory throughout the company and looks for ways to increase productivity and lower costs. The area of responsibility for this role is very wide and thus requires thorough knowledge of various company processes. The ideal candidate must be competent and able to plan many different kinds of operational activities. He/She must be an excellent leader who can discover the most efficient ways to run the business. This position requires an individual to be extremely organized, have a keen attention to detail and the flexibility to work with different aspects of a business.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Manage forecasting and procurement processes and coordinate material and resources allocation between multiple domestic warehouse locations
- Manage daily purchasing activities and financial report outs as needed
- Assist with factory-direct to jobsite deliveries from ordering with factory to assisting accounting with billing information
- Review customer forecasts and inventory and assist with analytics and purchase order revisions as needed
- Coordinate with inventory control to determine and manage inventory overstocks and close outs
- Prepare cost estimates as needed for new programs or special projects
- Review financial information and adjust pricing models to promote profitability
- Train employees across business units in the purchasing process and how to use the purchasing system as we roll out to other parts of the organization
- Liaise with leadership team to make decisions for operational activities and set strategic goals
- Plan and monitor the day-to-day running of business to ensure smooth progress
- Evaluate regularly the efficiency of business procedures according to organizational objectives and apply improvements
- Devise strategies to ensure growth of programs enterprise-wide, identifying and implementing process improvements that will maximize output and minimize costs
- Evaluate and present overall performance by gathering, analyzing and interpreting data and metrics
Key Skills & Qualifications
- Four-year college degree from an accredited institution preferred
- Excellent written/verbal communication skills
- Prior experience in purchasing and operations
- Analytical skills to evaluate data and make operational decisions
- Excellent organizational and leadership abilities
- Knowledge of industrys legal rules and guidelines
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- In depth knowledge of diverse business functions and principles (e.g. supply chain, finance, customer service etc.)
- Working knowledge of data analysis and performance/operation metrics
- Familiarity with MS Office and various business software (e.g. ERP, CRM)
- Limited travel is required.
Physical Demands & Work Environment
- Work schedule is generally Monday Friday, 8:30 am 5:00 pm EST; there are some evening and weekend meetings or conference calls or work input due to the nature of the global role and subject to business needs.
- Low level of physical activity (walking, sitting/standing at a desk) is required for this job.
Benefits available after waiting period include: Vacation, Holiday, Health, Vision, Dental, 401k w/ co. matching, Company Paid Life Insurance, and other optional benefits also available.We also offer Volunteer Opportunities, Professional Development AND an awesome culture!