VIEW JOBS10/16/2018 12:00:00 AM2019-01-14T00:00* Videos
Why work for the Federal Bureau of Prisons?
You can have a meaningful career with an agency that truly values a diverse workforce. You will find a diverse workforce employed from entry level jobs to senior management positions. We protect public safety by ensuring federal offenders serve their sentences of imprisonment in facilities that are safe, humane, and provide reentry programming. Employees at correctional facilities perform correctional work regardless of their specific occupation.
Learn more about this agency
The Unit Manager directs and manages a housing unit within a federal correctional institution and is responsible for the total administration of the unit as well as the planning, development and implementation of individual programs tailored to meet the particular needs of inmates in the unit. Such programming is highly innovative and complex and requires close supervision and evaluation. Demonstrates expertise in the formulation and writing of programs, and evaluates program effectiveness in meeting their prescribed objectives. A unit manager has full responsibility for the program operations and security of the assigned unit. The Unit Manager is the first line supervisor and directly responsible for supervising a staff which consists of correctional treatment specialists, correctional counselors, and unit secretaries.
Along with all other correctional institution employees, incumbent is charged with responsibility for maintaining security of the institution. The staff correctional responsibilities precede all others required by this position and are performed on a regular and recurring basis.
Occasional travel - Travel may be required for training and/or work related issues.
* Job family (Series)
0006 Correctional Institution Administration
HelpRequirements Conditions of Employment
* U.S. Citizenship is Required.
* See Special Conditions of Employment Section.
The Career Transition Assistance Plan (CTAP) provides eligible surplus and displaced competitive service employees in the Department of Justice with selection priority over other candidates for competitive service vacancies. If your Department of Justice component has notified you in writing that you are a surplus or displaced employee eligible for CTAP eligibility, you may receive selection priority if: 1) this vacancy is within your CTAP eligibility; 2) you apply under the instructions in this announcement; and 3) you are found well qualified for this vacancy. To be well qualified, you must satisfy all qualification requirements for the vacant position and score 85 or better on established ranking criteria. You must provide a copy of your written notification of CTAP eligibility with your application. Additional information about CTAP eligibility is at: Click Here
To be considered for the position, you must meet the following qualification requirements:
There is no substitution of education for specialized experience for this position.
You must have at least one year of specialized experience equivalent in difficulty and complexity to the next lower grade level in federal service.
Specialized experience is directly related experience that included substantial involvement with a correctional program and provided a thorough knowledge of correctional techniques, or experience in meeting and dealing with people that demonstrated the ability to work effectively with inmates and associates in a correctional environment. Experience must have also demonstrated the ability to perform supervisory or administrative duties successfully.
This includes (1) understanding the problems of custody, treatment, training, and release of inmates of penal or correctional institutions; (2) a thorough and comprehensive knowledge of an institution's internal policies, programs, regulations, and procedures; and (3) training subordinates, coordinating and directing activities and functions, evaluating performance of operations and the effectiveness of programs, and maintaining high standards or work objectives. This experience must have been gained in an administrative position, or in other positions that included the successful direction, or assistance in the direction of, an entire correctional program or a major phase of such a program.
Some examples of this qualifying experience are:
* Experience in planning, developing and implementation of programs and operations specifically designed to meet the various needs of an inmate population within a correctional environment.
* Experience in completing and ensuring quality control of inmate related issues such as progress reports, transfer recommendations, Victim/Witness notifications, Central Inmate Monitoring packets, and various correspondence with probation officers, attorneys, judges and other law enforcement officials.
* Experience in developing, implementing and evaluating the operations within a housing unit, such as security procedures, safety and sanitation procedures, recreational programming, and assignment of living quarters, security and custody level.
* Experience and knowledge of case management, treatment theories and techniques, recreational and vocational programs related to the management of an inmate population within a correctional environment.
Credit will be given for paid and unpaid experience. To receive proper credit, you must show the actual time (such as number of hours worked per week) spent in the activities.
Your eligibility for consideration will be based on your responses to the questions in the application.
Department Of JusticeTerre HauteIN
VIEW JOBS10/12/2018 12:00:00 AM2019-01-10T00:00$1500 Sign-On Bonus !
PLEASE CLICK APPLY OR TEXT "JOBS" TO 561-660-9797 FROM YOUR SMARTPHONE!
The world's leading private security organization, G4S, has an immediate job opportunity for an Upscale Security Officer. G4S is a security provider for the United States government, fortune 500 companies, nuclear power plants, oil and gas companies, airport, ports, banks, hospitals, factories, warehouses, commercial facilities, residential communities and much more.
G4S offers job security, excellent pay and benefits, and career opportunities. We offer entry level careers, management careers, sales careers and executive careers across the United States and internationally.
$1500.00 Bonus Paid Out - $500.00 Completion of Training, $500.00 after 90 days full-time employment in good standing, $500.00 after 6 months full time employment in good standing
Specific Duties and Essential Functions
* Perform security patrols of designated areas on foot or in vehicle
* Watch for irregular or unusual conditions that may create security concerns or safety hazards
* Sound alarms or call police or fire department in case of fire or presence of unauthorized persons
* Warn violators of rule infractions, such as loitering, smoking or carrying forbidden articles
* Permit authorized persons to enter property and monitors entrances and exits
* Observe departing personnel to protect against theft of company property and ensure that authorized removal of property is conducted within appropriate client requirements
* Investigate and prepare reports on accidents, incidents, and suspicious activities
* Provide assistance to customers, employees and visitors in a courteous and professional manner
The Ideal Candidate:
Education, Licenses and Certifications Required
* Must possess a high school diploma or equivalent
* Must be able to pass any State-required training or other qualifications for licensing
* Pass a State licensing test if driving a company-owned or client-provided vehicle
Type and Length of Specific Experience Required
* Must possess one or more of the following:
* Associate's degree or higher in any discipline
* Service in the active duty military, military reserves or National Guard
* Service in auxiliary police or police cadets
* Meaningful and verifiable work history
* Minimum of one year verifiable and successful security experience
* Ability to operate radio or telephone equipment and/or console monitors
* Ability to interact cordially and communicate with the public
* Effective oral and written communication skills
* Active listening skills
* Ability to assess and evaluate situations effectively
* Ability to identify critical issues quickly and accurately
* Attention to detail
* Must be at least 18 years old or the minimum age required by the State
* Must be a U.S. citizen or a foreign citizen authorized to legally work in the United States
* Must have access to reliable transportation
* Must not use illegal drugs. Must be able to pass a drug test with negative results (except when undergoing documented medical treatment).
* Must be able to provide, upon job offer, a DD214 discharge document with discharge status indicated, if prior military
* Upon acceptance of a job offer, must be able to pass the following:
* MMPI - Psychological testing, if armed or otherwise required
* Physical exam, if armed or required by client contract
Physical Requirements and Environment
Environment: Indoor and outdoor, temperature ranges from moderate to extreme cold and heat
Major activity: Walking, standing, speaking, listening, observing
Physical efforts to carry out job duties: Standing, walking, and sitting. Minimal to no stooping or kneeling.
About the Company:
EOE Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
G4S is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
and an Alcohol- and Drug-Free Workplace
If you have any questions regarding Equal Employment Opportunity, Affirmative Action or Diversity and Inclusion, or have difficulty using the online system and require an alternate method to apply, please contact our Corporate Human Resources Department at (800) 506-6265.
To receive an update on your application status, please contact our local office by following this link: http://www.g4s.us/en/Contact-Us/Local-Offices
G4S Security Solutions USATerre HauteIN
VIEW JOBS10/18/2018 12:00:00 AM2019-01-16T00:00* We have 5 openings for a full and part-time FOOD SERVICE WORKER/CASHIER position.
* Location: Rose-Hulman - 5500 Wabash Ave, Terre Haute, IN 47803. Note: online applications accepted only.
* Schedule: Evenings from 4:00 pm to 9:00 pm. More details available upon interview.
* Requirement: Prior food service experience is a plus! Willing to train!
If you have a positive attitude and a love for learning, you may be interested in joining our team.
Are you looking for a job with competitive wages and benefits, one in which you can learn and grow while making a difference in the world? We're hiring! Bon Appétit Management Company operates more than 1,000 cafés around the country for corporations, universities, and museums, as well as a few dozen public restaurants. We've led the industry in socially and environmentally responsible sourcing, from sustainable seafood to cage-free eggs. We cook everything from scratch using fresh, local ingredients.
Full-time associates at Bon Appétit are eligible for many benefits, including:
* Paid vacation and sick leave
* Medical, Dental, and Vision
* 401(k) with matching by company
* Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
* Commuter Benefits
* Wellness Program
* Employee Assistance Program
* Life Insurance for Associates and Eligible Dependents
* Short Term Disability (STD) and Long Term Disability (LTD)
* Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance
* On-the-job training
Learn more about careers with Bon Appétit: http://www.bamco.com/careers/
Summary: Performs cashiering duties, including general food service work. Maintains sanitation standards in the preparation, service and dining room facilities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Performs prep work such as washing, peeling, cutting and seeding fruits and vegetables. Weighs and measures designated ingredients.
* Carries pans, kettles and trays of food to and from work stations, stove and refrigerator in accordance with safety standards. Distributes supplies, utensils and portable equipment.
* Stores foods in designated areas in accordance with wrapping, dating, and food safety and rotation procedures.
* Cleans work areas, equipment and utensils.
* Ensures compliance with sanitation and safety requirements.
* Uses approved food recipes and production standards to ensure proper quality, serving temperatures and standard portion control.
* Serves customers in a friendly, efficient manner following outlined steps of service.
* Interacts with customers and resolves customer complaints in a friendly, service-oriented manner.
* Relays relevant information to supervisor.
* Performs sales transactions.
* Enters sales into the cash register to ensure purchases are accurately recorded.
* Makes change, accepts declining balance cards and other acceptable forms of payment.
* Issues receipts to customers.
* Follows standard procedures for issuing cash refunds.
* Responsible for all assigned change funds and cash receipts, ensuring that cash drawer is in compliance with overage/shortage standards.
* Replenishes condiments, beverages and general supplies while maintaining service area cleanliness.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
About Compass Group: Achieving leadership in the foodservice industry
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity. *Los AngelesCompass Group USA IncTerre HauteIN