Public Relations Account Executive
Max Borges Agency
Miami , FL 33130
Posted 4 days ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
We are currently seeking a Public Relations Account Executive to lead accounts focused on media and influencer relations, thought leadership, and overall communications strategy. Account work may also include content strategy, creation and distribution, social management and strategy, as well as data-driven reporting & analysis. This is a great opportunity for someone with entry level experience, looking to grow their career and take on more responsibility in a PR / marketing role. While we are headquartered in Miami, this is a full-time role with Work-From-Anywhere-Flexibility (see benefits for details).
Account Executives are masters of execution and consistently deliver high quality results for a variety of clients. AEs confidently interact with client contacts through email, calls and in-person meetings as needed. Workload management has its ups & downs, but AEs are able to navigate responsibilities on multiple clients with great success. As confidence increases, a satisfactory AE is lead day-to-day communicator on 3+ core service clients, handling execution, written and call communications, as well as reporting insights under direction of Account Supervisor or Account Director. Additionally, AEs regularly work in a specialist role as part of larger teams executing on the agencys more integrated accounts. High performing AEs show consistent performance across a variety of accounts and an ability to take fluctuations in workload with ease. Strong performers learn quickly, rarely make the same mistakes twice and instill confidence in senior team members.
Cover Letter:Feel free to include a cover letter detailing something interesting about yourself and/or career that we will not get from reading your resume. Doesn't need to be long, just specific to this position. Its your opportunity to sell yourself, use it.
Some things to note about this role:
- Key responsibility is to consistently produce results within our core services of media and influencer relations.
- AE's are highly skilled at media facing communications including trade shows, media events, and pitches.
- AE's are confident in all aspects of written and face-to-face client communications.
- Successful AE's leverage personal experience and agency expertise to proactively lead their client's strategy and should be comfortable telling clients what they need to hear versus what they want to hear.
- AE's are execution specialist, constantly reiterating their daily approach to become more efficient.
- Always learning is key to the advancement of this role, be a student and participant of client communications and strategy development, actively seeking out every opportunity to learn from agency senior team leads.
- The ability to clearly articulate how results produced coincide with client's goals / objectives, is highly valued and should be a focus as it is a common skill of team members that grow beyond the AE role.
Some advice for how to be successful:
We hire, promote and fire people based on these values. They act as a compass for all communications and decision making.
- Think Like An Entrepreneur: Know the details of our business and understand how you impact our culture, work and financial success.
- Adopt a Growth Mindset: Dont settle or become complacent. Grow by taking advantage of opportunities to do work outside your comfort zone.
- Take Initiative: Do not wait for someone to tell you what to do. Act in the absence of specific direction. Be proactive and decisive.
- Act with Purpose: Focus on impact above all else. Know the intended result, find the most efficient path, and get shit done.
- Communicate Assertively: Proactively tackle difficult conversations with empathy and confidence. Give and request feedback in real-time with helpful intent.
- Inspire Accountability: Embrace ownership of every task. Surface your mistakes. Share what you learn and use it to improve. Others will do the same.
Other things we think would be cool if you could do:
- Run a 5k in under 25 minutes
- We have 2 or 3 people that can do this, but we have a couple Ironman athletes (including Max), a few marathoners and a mountain biker who does 80+ mile races. Lots of yogis too.
- Solve a Rubik's cube in under a minute
- We had an intern that could and it was mind-blowing.
- Compete in Brazilian Jiu Jitsu
- She competed in the Pan-American Championship, largest Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu tournament in North America, she's also one of our new Account Coordinators.
- Annual 3-day company cruise
- It's EXACTLY what it sounds like.
- Climb Mt. Kilimanjaro
- Our Director of Operations did this, only blacked-out from high altitude and oxygen deprivation once. Nailed it.
- Be a world champion in anything
- Youngest Yo-Yo World Champion in history worked with us for years.
- Start your own business
- Max did...and one guy owns his own photography business...the rest of us are working on it.
- A snake shot (Foosball)
- Ideally, minimum 1 year of relevant PR or marketing experience, preferably in an agency setting
- Understanding of product launches, brand storytelling and media and influencer relations strategies
- Understanding of digital/new media marketing strategies
- Expert in persuasive writing and verbal communication
- Strong organizational and multitasking skills
Work hard, play hard is slightly outdated and work life balance implies some sort of struggle to do one and not the other. We think work should be a fun, beneficial, and enjoyable part of your life and that your life should be a fun, beneficial, and enjoyable part of your work. We try our best to provide benefits that make this a reality, and the daily transition and integration of work & life as seamless as possible.
- Unlimited Vacation
- It's EXACTLY what it sounds like.
- During Covid we are WFH, but our office building is still open and optional with some team members choosing to safely work there daily.
- After Covid and ongoing as everyone feels safeWe are 100% flexible schedule. Truly work-from-anywhere, which for most people (as you will see below) includes some combo of home and office.
- 58% of our team comes into the Miami office 1-3 days per week, works from home the rest.
- 34% of our team comes into the Miami office 1-3 days per month, works from home the rest.
- 8% of the team rarely come in office or are fully-remote.
- We set you up from day 1 with all the tools to get shit done regardless of physical location. Most people have an in-office set up and mirror that set up at home. As for me (the human writing this description) my schedule is Mon/Thurs in office, Tues/Weds/Fri WFH and if something comes up, I might change that from week to week to accommodate.
- For the Moms and Dads out thereWe have 20+ baby humans in our extended family, needless to say we accommodate the hectic schedules of SuperMoms and SuperDads. 100% flexible schedule helps, but accommodating school drop-offs, and unforeseen events is our specialty and youll have the team support to do so with ease. If you would like to speak to one of our parents about their schedule, team support they receive, our maternity/paternity policy and new parent benefits, let us know.
- Onboarding for new employees based outside of Miami (once post-Covid safe for all involved) will include one week working out of the Miami office (on agency's dime). Usually we schedule this for Week 2 and include in-person training and onboarding meetings, with the ultimate goal for full-remote team members to see the office and meet all the team in person and get to know them.
- Social gatherings (once safe) will become a weekly occurrence. We all actually like hanging out with each other, so we plan to do that a lot post-Covid including team lunches, happy hours, in person group work sessions, etc. And for those fully-remote outside Miami, there will be one or two occasions throughout the year you can join us in Miami for special events.
- Reimbursement for fitness-related races/events
- You train and finish. We pay for it.
- Free business books
- You read it. We pay for it.
- 100% company-paid medical coverage for employees
- Profit-sharing program for all benefits-eligible team members
- Long-Term Incentive Plan
- Cell phone data plan reimbursement
- 401K with 50% company match, up to 4% of salary