Public Relations Account Coordinator
Max Borges Agency
Miami , FL 33130
Posted 2 weeks ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Our ideal candidate is someone who is extremely skilled in media and influencer relations. They truly understand how to tell the story of a brand and how to bring that story to life with a compelling communications strategy. This is a great opportunity for someone early in their career whos looking to grow into our next great strategic communicator. While we are headquartered in Miami, this is a full-time role with Work-From-Anywhere-Flexibility (see benefits for details).
Whether you come in with years of experience or we train you from the ground up, Account Coordinators (AC) are executional specialists and fully competent in the agency's core services. Supporting multiple tech clients, day-to-day activities include media pitching, coordinating coverage with media, list building, strategy development, industry/competitor research, client communications, internal training, hit tracking and report preparation. Extremely skilled in crafting pitches, over-time AC's become recognized agency-wide for their ability to land quality coverage across a variety of media outlets. Early stage ACs work in support roles on most accounts, but exposure to client communications on calls, emails and in-person is core to their development and will be a concentration from day one. As communication abilities strengthen, high-performing ACs will begin proactively taking lead on specified client initiatives, eventually directing their own clients, moving to the Account Executive position as they take more prominent roles on accounts.
Cover Letter:Feel free to include a cover letter detailing something interesting about yourself and/or career that we will not get from reading your resume. Doesn't need to be long, just specific to this position. Its your opportunity to sell yourself, use it.
Some things to note about this role:
- All team members are client facing and heavily involved with senior leaders in startegic planning. You will not be in the background on accounts, the opportunity for fast growth is available daily.
- Key responsibility is to consistently produce results within our core services of media and influencer relations.
- Coordinators are highly skilled at media facing communications including trade shows, media events, and pitches.
- Coordinators are execution specialist, constantly fine-tuning their daily approach to become more efficient.
- Always learning is key to the advancement of this role, be a student of client communications and strategy development, actively seeking out every opportunity to learn from agency senior team leads.
Some advice for how to be successful:
We hire, promote and fire people based on these values. They act as a compass for all communications and decision making.
- Think Like An Entrepreneur: Know the details of our business and understand how you impact our culture, work and financial success.
- Adopt a Growth Mindset: Dont settle or become complacent. Grow by taking advantage of opportunities to do work outside your comfort zone.
- Take Initiative: Do not wait for someone to tell you what to do. Act in the absence of specific direction. Be proactive and decisive.
- Act with Purpose: Focus on impact above all else. Know the intended result, find the most efficient path, and get shit done.
- Communicate Assertively: Proactively tackle difficult conversations with empathy and confidence. Give and request feedback in real-time with helpful intent.
- Inspire Accountability: Embrace ownership of every task. Surface your mistakes. Share what you learn and use it to improve. Others will do the same.
Other things we think would be cool if you could do:
- Run a 5k in under 25 minutes
- We have 2 or 3 people that can do this, but we have a couple Ironman athletes (including Max), a few marathoners and a mountain biker who does 80+ mile races. Lots of yogis too.
- Solve a Rubik's cube in under a minute
- We had an intern that could and it was mind-blowing.
- Compete in Brazilian Jiu Jitsu
- She competed in the Pan-American Championship, largest Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu tournament in North America, she's also one of our new Account Coordinators.
- Climb Mt. Kilimanjaro
- Our Director of Operations did this, only blacked-out from high altitude and oxygen deprivation once. Nailed it.
- Be a world champion in anything
- Youngest Yo-Yo World Champion in history worked with us for years.
- Start your own business
- Max did...and one guy owns his own photography business...the rest of us are working on it.
- A snake shot (Foosball)
- PR experience can help, but not needed.
- Strong communicator is a big plus.
- Next level time management, organization and ability to manage multiple projects will set you up for success.
- Being awesome is also a helpful skill.
- Your experience can come from any industry if you can relate/connect the skills and the learnings to what we do.
Work hard, play hard is slightly outdated and work life balance implies some sort of struggle to do one and not the other. We think work should be a fun, beneficial, and enjoyable part of your life and that your life should be a fun, beneficial, and enjoyable part of your work. We try our best to provide benefits that make this a reality, and the daily transition and integration of work & life as seamless as possible.
- Unlimited Vacation
- It's EXACTLY what it sounds like.
- During Covid we are WFH, but our office building is still open and optional with some team members choosing to safely work there daily.
- After Covid and ongoing as everyone feels safeWe are 100% flexible schedule. Truly work-from-anywhere, which for most people (as you will see below) includes some combo of home and office.
- 58% of our team comes into the Miami office 1-3 days per week, works from home the rest.
- 34% of our team comes into the Miami office 1-3 days per month, works from home the rest.
- 8% of the team rarely come in office or are fully-remote.
- We set you up from day 1 with all the tools to get shit done regardless of physical location. Most people have an in-office set up and mirror that set up at home. As for me (the human writing this description) my schedule is Mon/Thurs in office, Tues/Weds/Fri WFH and if something comes up, I might change that from week to week to accommodate.
- For the Moms and Dads out thereWe have 20+ baby humans in our extended family, needless to say we accommodate the hectic schedules of SuperMoms and SuperDads. 100% flexible schedule helps, but accommodating school drop-offs, and unforeseen events is our specialty and youll have the team support to do so with ease. If you would like to speak to one of our parents about their schedule, team support they receive, our maternity/paternity policy and new parent benefits, let us know.
- Onboarding for new employees based outside of Miami (once post-Covid safe for all involved) will include one week working out of the Miami office (on agency's dime). Usually we schedule this for Week 2 and include in-person training and onboarding meetings, with the ultimate goal for full-remote team members to see the office and meet all the team in person and get to know them.
- Social gatherings (once safe) will become a weekly occurrence. We all actually like hanging out with each other, so we plan to do that a lot post-Covid including team lunches, happy hours, in person group work sessions, etc. And for those fully-remote outside Miami, there will be one or two occasions throughout the year you can join us in Miami for special events.
- Annual 3-day company cruise
- It's EXACTLY what it sounds like.
- Reimbursement for fitness-related races/events
- You train and finish. We pay for it.
- Free business books
- You read it. We pay for it.
- 100% company-paid medical coverage for employees
- Profit-sharing program for all benefits-eligible team members
- Long-Term Incentive Plan
- Cell phone data plan reimbursement
- 401K with 50% company match, up to 4% of salary