Public Policy Intern
Communication Service For The Deaf
Washington , DC 20001
Posted 4 months ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Public Policy Internship Opportunity with Communication Service for the Deaf, Inc. (CSD) for Fall 2018
CSD is the largest non-profit organization in the world serving the Deaf and hard of hearing community. CSD has been involved for decades in public policy efforts, and today serves on policy advisory bodies, including the FCCs Disability Advisory Committee and Communications, Security, Reliability, and Interoperability Council.
- Assists the work CSD is doing to influence public policy on deaf, hard of hearing, and deafblind at the Federal and state levels.
- Research legislation at the Federal and state levels.
- Support legislation advocacy at the Federal and state levels.
- Attend events, meetings, and conferences as requested.
- Support work to build partnerships with outside organizations and perform other tasks as requested.
The internship will be for a period of one semester.
- The intern will report to CSDs Director of Public Policy and Government Affairs, David Bahar.
- This internship includes a stipend of $500.00 for the Fall 2018 semester.
- Applicants with a diverse background are encouraged to apply.
- Applicant must have excellent communication skills with attention to detail and timeliness.
- Writing and research experience a strong plus, but will be considered along with applicants overall resume.
- Applicant must be in a degree seeking program related to Politics, Government or Public Administration.
- Proficient in American Sign Language