Pediatric Therapeutic Services, Inc.
Philadelphia , PA 19113
Posted 2 months ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
PTS, Inc. is seeking a pediatric Physical Therapist (PT) to provide school-based services for local school districts:
- Looking for therapists, per diem to complete evaluations and makeup sessions as needed during normal school day hours
- Must have experience
School-Based PT Qualifications:
- Valid PA license as a Physical Therapist
- Child Abuse, Federal, and State Clearances
- Experience working in a school-based setting and completing evaluations
School-Based Physical Therapist Responsibilities:
- Screen, assess, and evaluate students using appropriate tests and assessment instruments
- Plan and provide appropriate specialized physical therapy techniques through individual and/or group sessions designed to meet the educational needs of the student consistent with physical therapy goals contained in Individual Education Plans (IEP)
- Participate in multi-disciplinary meetings to develop Individual Education Plans
- Evaluate student progress and determine readiness for termination of therapy services
- Collaborate with classroom teachers to plan and implement classroom based activities
- Counsel and involve parents in the physical therapy program of their child
- Compile, maintain, and file all reports, records, and other documents required in accordance with federal and state law, State Board of Education rules, and school policy to include documentation for the need for equipment and materials
- Meet the needs of all students effectively by working in partnership with other disciplines.
- Comply with policies established by federal and state law, State Board of Education rules, and school policy
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of research, theories, and practices associated with the Physical Therapy profession
Why you should join the PTS team:
- PTS offers job stability and growth through advanced career opportunities.
- We offer competitive rates with reimbursement for documentation, meeting attendance, and report writing.
- PTS provides mentorship with Clinical Directors and Team Leaders.
- School Based Academy: We provide the support and community a new School Based therapist needs to feel comfortable and be successful.
- Lending Library: PTS recognizes the additional expense in providing evaluation materials.We have an extensive library of testing tools and assessments for therapists to borrow as needed.