Psychiatric Technician I
Rutland Regional Medical Center
Rutland , VT 05701
Posted 7 days ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
- 40 HOURS PER PAY PERIOD.Under the supervision of providers, leadership or RNs, the Psychiatric Technician performs various duties to assist in the treatment and care of psychiatric patients in accordance with the established methods and procedures of Psychiatric Services Inpatient Unit and Rutland Regional Medical Center.
- High School Diploma or GED required, Bachelor's Degree preferred.
Minimum Work Experience
- Health or mental health care experience preferred.
- Certificate in mental health technology or related field, such as licensed nursing assistant preferred.
- BLS Certification through American Heart Association*
- CPI Certification*
- required within 1 month of hire
Required Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities
Excellent interpersonal and observation skills.
Ability to report patient care observations, deviations from patient's plan of care and other pertinent information under direct supervision.
Ability to remain calm and think and act effectively in high stress situations.
Strong verbal and written communication skills.
Demonstrated moderate knowledge of basic computer skills.
Successful completion of functional testing for physical requirements prior to hire.