Protein Engineering Scientist
South San Francisco , CA 94080
Posted 3 weeks ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
RemeGen Biosciences is a biopharmaceutical company, focusing on the discovery and development of innovative biologics for the treatment of cancers, autoimmune and ophthalmic diseases, based in South San Francisco, California, and Rockville, Maryland. By leveraging our deep insights into oncology and immunology, advanced protein engineering/design technologies, and extensive knowledge in clinical development, our vision is to uncover the novel therapeutic targets and develop the best-in-class and first-in-class biotherapeutics for the patients with significant unmet medical needs. RemeGen Bioscience is a wholly owned subsidiary of RemeGen, a global pharmaceutic company specialized in autoimmune, oncology and ophthalmic diseases.
We are looking for a highly motivated and experienced talent to join our protein engineering group in our San Francisco office. You will be joining a multidisciplinary team to develop novel therapeutic molecules including antibody and multi-specificity modality. The desired candidate will be working both independently and with cross-function teams.
- Utilize structural guided approach and computational modeling to design biotherapeutics, including fusion protein, antibody and multi-specifics molecules.
- Plan and execute molecular biology, protein expression and protein chemistry experiments, including construct design and molecular cloning, mammalian cell culture, protein purification and characterization
- Characterize and optimize engineered biologics through diverse biochemical and biophysical assays, including activity, structural analysis, affinity maturation, molecular assessment.
- Maintain a detailed and well-organized record of experiments
- M.S. in structure biology, biophysics, biochemistry related fields with 5+ years relevant experience in industry or academic setting. or Ph.D. in structure biology, biophysics, biochemistry related fields with 3+ years relevant experience in industry or academic setting.
- Proficient in molecular biology techniques, including molecular cloning, gene assembly and site-directed mutagenesis
- Strong knowledge and hands-on experience in mammalian cell culture and protein expression, including transient and stable transfection in HEK 293 and CHO, and optimization of cell culture condition and cell line.
- Proficient at protein purification and characterization methods including state-of-art chromatography technology and instruments, biochemical assays to assess protein-protein interactions, such as ELISA, SPR or BLI.
- Understanding of biophysical and structural properties of proteins and antibodies with a proficiency in molecular modeling software tools and prediction of protein properties.
- Experience in advanced macromolecular modeling software, such as Rosetta and MOE, is a plus.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Ability to work in fast paced environment and make contributions to multiple projects
- Attention to detail, self-motivated, strong communication and interpersonal skills,