Pangea Real Estate
Chicago , IL 60632
Posted 2 weeks ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Pangea Properties is a privately held real estate investment trust (REIT) headquartered in Chicago. We specialize in the acquisition and renovation of distressed multifamily properties in lower-middle-income, underserved communities, where quality, affordable housing options are virtually nonexistent. Founded in 2008, our mission is to be the most respected and diversified real estate company through unparalleled dedication and results for our residents, partners, and ourselves. As a vertically integrated firm, we lead with operations but take a hands-on approach to real estate investment and property management, accomplishing our mission by incorporating data and technology with hyperlocal customer service to all units. In the past 12 years, our portfolio has grown to over 13,000 apartment units owned and operated in Chicago, Indianapolis, and Baltimore, and we continue to expand. We are proud to be a six-time winner of Chicago Tribunes Top Workplace award.
Learn more about Pangea Properties here.
Pangea Properties is searching for talented, ambitious, self-directed candidates with strong customer service and problem solving skills. Successful candidates will be motivated and excited to work at a fast-growing company with room for growth.
Please note that Applicants for the position of Property Manager Must Be Willing To Relocate to additional markets if necessary.
- Own a geographic area of buildings predominantly in the South and West sides of Chicago and Chicago suburbs (opportunities also exist in Indianapolis and Baltimore)
- Show, walk through, and sell units to prospective residents
- Manage paperwork flow between prospective residents and corporate office
- Follow-up on maintenance / repair requests and ensure properties stays in excellent condition
- Address resident complaint phone calls and follow-up, ensuring continuing resident satisfaction
- Collect monthly rents and administer collection procedures when needed
- Successfully pass annual CHA Section 8 unit screening to ensure continued revenue
- Perform routine drive/walk by of properties at various times throughout the day/night
- Treat the units and residents as if they were your own
Qualifications/Minimum Skills to Apply
- 2-year Associates degree
- Demonstrable conflict management and problem solving skills
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, and mobile communication
- Access to reliable automobile REQUIRED
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule, including outside of normal business hours to ensure the zone prospers
- 3+ years of property management experience preferred, including multi-site residential and retail
- Sales or management experience a plus
- Familiarity with face-to-face customer interaction
- Working knowledge of Yardi property management software
- Youll receive on-going training to help you learn the job.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Long/Short-Term Disability benefits
- 401(K) with an outstanding company match program
- Three weeks of vacation and one week of sick time per year
- Healthy drinks/snacks daily
- Discount on apartment at any one of our properties
- Employee referral payment program
- Company cell phone