First Realty Management
Boston , MA 02115
Posted 2 weeks ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
A family-owned and privately held property management company, First Realty Management has more than 65 years of experience with the industry knowledge to match. We combine the resources of a large company with the personal touch and attention to detail of a small, local firm.
At the core of it all, our talented employees are what make us stand out above the rest. While we perform as a top-tier property management company, we strongly emphasize our close-knit, family-owned foundation. Professional growth is encouraged through a commitment to educational advancement and opportunities to learn from industry thought leaders. We create a sought-after community atmosphere by recognizing and celebrating those who go above and beyond. And above all else we always put our team members first.
We are seeking a full-time Property Manager who will ensure the efficient operation of a high-end apartment community in the Cambridge, Boston area by providing the highest quality product and service by operating the property within established financial guidelines and budget; ensuring the physical plant meets established property standards. In addition, the Property Manager is responsible for the efficient physical and financial operation of the assigned property in keeping with the owners' goals as outlined by the senior staff and in compliance with federal, state & local regulations and with First Realty policies and procedures.
- Prepares annual site budget and regularly monitors budget throughout the year. Ensures that property operates within set financial guidelines and prepares monthly variance reports and other financial reports when necessary. Ensures all money is collected in a timely manner. Meets set distribution schedule.
- Hires appropriate site staff members. Manages, directs, disciplines, and develops staff members, ensuring that they work toward meeting property goals and operate within established policies and procedures. Evaluates job performance of staff members regularly.
- Ensures that the physical condition of the property, both interior, and exterior is, safe, attractive, and running efficiently at all times. Ensures that property meets inspection guidelines for various agencies, i.e. HUD, state housing finance agencies, mortgage companies, etc. Educates residents on their responsibilities in helping maintain a clean, enjoyable, safe living environment.
- Ensures all require resident paperwork is complete such as; all appropriate background and reference checks, applications, leases, etc. Ensures all HUD and other regulatory paperwork is complete and in compliance with appropriate guidelines.
- Monitors and oversees all contractual services, ensuring the satisfactory quality of service and cost-effectiveness. Solicits new bids when necessary and ensures all contracts are current.
- Reduces vacancy by fostering and maintaining positive resident relations, resulting in a satisfactory resident retention rate. Ensures that all staff members respond to resident needs and service requests in a prompt, efficient, and courteous manner. Responds appropriately to resident concerns regarding safety, noise, and other matters regarding the community's environment. Monitors resident selection, ensuring that all new residents meet established selection criteria.
Other JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Assumes an active role in the town or city in which the property is located by representing both managements and residents' interests on task forces or committees to resolve local problems. Develops and maintains positive, productive relationships with local agencies.
- When appropriate, reports problems and/or concerns regarding residents or property to senior management.
- Maintains excellent communication with all staff members and conducts regular staff meetings.
Skills & Abilities:
- Thorough understanding of property management practices
- Proven ability to effectively supervise staff and manage the property
- Knowledge of local, state, and federal housing regulations and any housing programs applicable to the property
- Superior skills in leadership, judgment, initiative, and discretion
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written business English and Spanish
- Ability to learn quickly
- Ability to read and understand financial/budget reports
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Strong preference for experience with Real Page suite of products
Level of Education/Training/License:
- NAHP designation, or to be completed within two years.
- Other formal industry-related certifications, such as C3P, NAHP, CPM, and ARM preferred
- Experience in tax credit housing, Yieldstar, OneSite, ILM, and Active Building
- Bachelors degree in Business preferred.
- 2-5+ years experience with residential property management.
- Supervisory experience
- Sign-on Bonus
- Paid Vacation, Holidays, PTO/Personal leave
- 401(k) plan
- Health, Vision,Dental insurance
- Life Insurance, Short & Long Term disability
- Flex spending accounts & Transportation expense accounts
- Opportunity for professional growth and development
An EOE/ Veterans/Disabled Employer
If you need an accomodation to apply due to a disability or protected veteran status, please contact Cazzi Coleman at email@example.com or 617-423-7000 ext. 3772