Property Manager: Boston Rental Portfolio
Charlesgate Realty Group
Boston , MA 02116
Posted 2 months ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Charlesgate Property Management is seeking a smart, organized, and proactive Property Manager to join our growing team. Responsible for day to day operations and management of portfolio of residential apartments in multifamily properties and units in condo associations throughout the Boston metro area. You will oversee property maintenance, rent collection, budgeting, and financial performance. You will be supervising work orders completed by our staff maintenance technicians and outside vendors as needed for maintenance and repairs. Management services are to be performed in a high quality manner with a sense of urgency. Clients and property must be treated with the utmost respect and hospitality.
Duties & Responsibilities (examples of but not limited to)
- Managing tenant and owner maintenance requests, proactively supervising maintenance technicians to ensure project completion on time and on budget
- Proactively communicating with owners and tenants to provide ongoing updates and recommendations to prevent problems as part of excellent service protocol
- Conducting and managing meetings with owners and trustees
- Ensure that all rents are collected from tenants on time in full
- Scheduling and negotiating with vendors to provide proposals for repairs and improvements
- Scheduling and supervising preventative maintenance items for portfolio
- Conduct building walk-throughs, ensuring buildings look their best and communicating with trustees/apartment building owners on issues/ideas for improvements
- Troubleshoot building issues and manage appropriate vendors or staff to resolve issue.
- Supervise vendors and staff on site where necessary.
- Assist with 'reserve fund' or 'capital' improvement projects and long term planning with trustees/apartment building owners.
- Handle on-call emergency service on nights and weekends (part of a rotation)
The ideal candidate should have a B.A or other university degree and have 1+ years experience in a property management capacity, ideally for a similar portfolio and property types (or be able to prove why it doesnt matter). We place a strong emphasis on technology as part of our service so being proficient with all types of web based/mobile software systems is a must. You must be the type of person who
- is vigilantly organized and process driven
- is proactive and knows how to be creative to find solutions to problems
- can handle all types of personalities and does not rattle easily if a situation becomes stressful
- can easily work on multiple projects and deadlines simultaneously but can focus on the task at hand without being distracted
- is comfortable doing any task, big or small, to get the job done and help grow the business
- is an excellent communicator and is comfortable speaking with and writing to tenants, owners, and building trustees on a regular basis
- has a strong understanding of real estate financial reporting and budgeting
- has a strong understanding of multifamily residential physical property systems and equipment including plumbing, heating/cooling, electrical, and water/sewer
- has extremely high standards and is committed to completing tasks the right way
- is able to take direction from senior staff and work collectively as part of a team
- loves to have fun with colleagues and clients and enjoys participating in company events and promoting a positive culture
Charlesgate Property Management is the management arm of Charlesgate Realty Group. We are a full service, proactive management firm that emphasizes hospitality and service to clients and properties under our management. We have a tight knit team of experienced professional managers, bookkeepers, maintenance technicians, and janitorial staff driven to exceed expectations by increasing the value of properties we manage through proactive, responsible management. As a rapidly growing management firm with a team-based mentality and an exciting and fun company culture, we are only looking for team members who can handle a little stress that comes from a growing and changing company with high service expectations, but has a totally positive personal outlook to have a lot of fun with our team along the way.
Full benefits package including:
- Excellent Health Plan
- Retirement/401K Plan
- FSA Plan
- Paid Time Off/Vacation
- Regular team outings (like Harbor Boat Cruise, Softball Team, Happy Hours, etc)
- Professional Education Incentives