Gaithersburg , MD 20877
Provides services to enhance the quality of childcare programs in Montgomery County through training and professional development opportunities. The office location of this position is at the Montgomery County Child Care Resource and Referral Center.
• Duties and Responsibilities
• 1. Provides daily services to child care programs, as a member of a co-operative team.
• 2. Provides telephone support and referrals to child care providers requesting assistance in selecting appropriate training workshops and accessing quality initiatives.
• 3. Coordinates and registers participants for training sponsored by the Montgomery County Child Care Resource and Referral Center in collaboration with community partners.
• 4. Develops and delivers MSDE approved trainings on a regular basis to child care professionals.
• 5. Collects and reports data to the County related to professional development offered.
• 6. Attends staff meetings and professional trainings to gain additional knowledge and enhance skills.
• 7. Other Duties as assigned
• Minimum of a Bachelors Degree in Early Childhood Education, or related child development field, and three years experience working in an early childhood setting. Must meet Maryland state training requirements under COMAR and MSDE Office of Child Care. Must have a working knowledge of child care delivery system and training regulations, as well as MSDE professional development procedures.
• Must have experience developing and facilitating training
• Demonstrates a commitment and ability to serve targeted communities including low-income, English language learners, and children with special needs or challenging behaviors. Familiarity with community resources.
• Must have strong written and verbal communication skills. Well organized and good computer skills.