JLM Strategic Talent Partners
Norfolk , VA 23501
Posted 2 weeks ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
JLM Strategic Talent Partners is currently looking for a Project Scheduler with experience in the construction industry to be a part of a major project in Norfolk, VA. This is an exciting opportunity to join a major project with a leading company in the industry with tremendous career growth.
- Develop and create various schedules including bid schedules, project baseline schedules, cost loaded schedules and project change driven schedules in a collaborative environment with Division leadership and Project Management teams.
- Plan and coordinate all planning and scheduling activities under the guidance of the Division leadership and Project Management teams. This includes reorganizing the schedule logic and activity durations resulting from a change in scope or means and methods, as well as updating the schedule for additional work activities following the industry project management guidelines.
- Oversight and ensure that project planning and schedule standards are implemented and that all project related activities comply with the project baseline schedules, project vision and strategy.
- Provide analysis, reports and review of contractual requirements regarding project controls and its scheduling.
- Available for business travel to review and audit various construction projects in order to collect or verify information as needed.
- Develop and oversight for the Divisions project controls scheduling team and provide mentoring to potential project control managers.
- Lead the Divisions scheduling team and planning efforts on a continuous basis and prepare periodic project forecasts for Division leadership based on own knowledge of the ongoing construction as well as input from other members of the project team.
- Lead weekly and monthly Division schedule reviews for the various Division markets.
- Provide supervision and/or on-the-job training to more junior project professionals assigned to area of responsibility as needed.
- Assist in the preparation and negotiation of Change Orders and additional work on the project.
- Bachelors Degree in Construction Management, Engineering or equivalent
- Minimum 3 years of experience at a construction company for a scheduler position
- Prior experience in vertical, commercial construction is required
- Computer knowledge, proficiencies in Primavera 6.0 or later required, proficiency in Excel and working knowledge of other scheduling software desired but not required.
- Design Build project procurement experience desired but not required
- Broad understanding of engineering and construction processes
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to represent scheduling and project controls functions in a cross-functional team
- Multi-tasking, good time management and organizational skills
- Ability to maintain discretion and confidentiality at all times
- Ability to understand and follow directions
- Ability to interpret construction drawings and specifications
JLM Strategic Talent Partners is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, medical condition, disability, marital status, or protected veteran status.