Project & Operations Lead
Bedford-Stuyvesant , NY 11216
Posted 3 weeks ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Do you want to help run one of the most quality-driven creative copywriting agencies in New York? Are you a strong negotiator—and wicked organized, to boot? Does the idea of being a one-person command center thrill you, as you’ll be managing projects, overseeing writing teams, and negotiating with resources (and occasionally clients and partners, too)?
Great. You should probably apply for this job.
We're MarketSmiths, a creative copywriting agency based in hipstery Williamsburg, Brooklyn. We're looking for a full-time Project Lead to join our fun, tight-knit team.
Our motto is "Copywriting for Humans"—that means we turn complex B2B/tech info into writing that's engaging, actionable, and easy-to-understand. And we need your operations support to make this happen.
Here’s what we’d like from applicants:
- 1-2 years of experience in account management, project management, or production.
- Familiarity with an agency environment.
- A hyper-organized mindset, prize communications skills, and comfort with Google Drive.
- A powerful sense of time management—and a plan-ahead approach to everything.
- A strong belief in the value of writing and communications for Corporate America.
- Facility with a diverse set of people. The ability to manage teams and set expectations for clients.
- Impeccable emailing skills.
Here’s the job:
- You’ll be a full-time Project & Ops Lead working at our Brooklyn HQ, with occasional remote work (if needed).
- You’ll negotiate with partners and vendors—and help onboard them.
- You’ll manage multiple projects, creating project schedules, updating writers, and holding teams accountable.
- You’ll liaise with our company controller, approving A/P and aligning on A/R.
- You’ll help cultivate staff with ongoing learning, team-building, training, and feedback.
- You’ll co-run staff meetings.
- You’ll support the growth of partnerships with clients and agencies.
- You’ll enforce existing company policies and processes—and introduce innovative new processes as needed.
- You’ll receive the support of an off-site (for now) admin.
Here’s what you get:
- Competitive salary
- Matching 401k
- Flexible workplace
- Health insurance
- A fun workplace with great people
Here’s how to apply:
Email your résumé. Your subject line should be “Project & Ops Lead Applicant” (just so we know you’re paying attention).
In the body of your email, tell us something about yourself that'll catch our attention, pique our interest, and make us remember you.
We look forward to hearing from you!