Project On-Site Document Control Specialist
G&C Equipment Corp
Gardena , CA 90248
Posted 4 days ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Responsible for managing Project documentation for the concrete pour phase 1, ensuring their accuracy, quality and integrity. A person in this position will adhere to the record retention policies, safeguard information and retrieve data more effectively.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (may include, but not limited to the following)
- Receive batch slips from the onsite receiver several times during the course of a day.
- Examine each batch slip received to ensure that each batch slip contains all necessary information.
- Prior to entering data from concrete plant batch slips, verify the information contained on the batch slips against purchase orders to ensure accuracy (concrete type, general classification and design code).
- Enter all required batch slip information into the project material/concrete log.
- Maintain all information input on the material/concrete log and ensure the integrity of the information.
- Make certain that each batch slip received is properly entered on the spreadsheet in the material/concrete log link.
- Ensure that the clerical support clerk stores, manages and tracks the batch slips.
- Oversee the electronic filing of all batch slips in a manner to preserve their integrity.
- All of the original batch slips should be filed in chronological order for easy retrieval as may be required.
- Coordinate the exchange and flow of documentation as may be required by G&C Equipment.
- A large part of the job is to control the retrieval of documents.
- Perform administrative tasks to assist with file migrations and audits, as needed.
- Ensure that the clerical support clerk has coordinated with G&C Equipment the receipt of concrete billings as they are received by G&C. This process becomes necessary in order to have a complete cycle of information in the material/concrete log.
- Coordinate with clerical support clerk to receive and route G&C Equipment customer invoices being sent in order to have a complete cycle of information in the material/concrete log.
- Direct clerical staff to route incoming documents, after they have been recorded in the materials/concrete log, to G&C in support of their internal accounting systems.
- Provide analysis in report format for the information contained in the materials/concrete log.
- Maintaining digital filing procedures.
- Formatting excel spreadsheets, V-look-ups, formulas and pivot tables.
- Analysis of data and formatting it into reports.
- Microsoft office products. Internet software usage, order processing systems, inventory software and word processing software.
- Correct English usage, spelling, grammar, punctuation and mathematical concepts.
- Construction industry terminology for requisitions, purchase orders, invoices, and other receiving documentation.
- Document control software, process map software, SharePoint and FileNet.
- Automated record storage, retrieval, and management systems.
- Strong interpersonal, communication and customer service skills.
- Ability to work independently and be highly motivated.
- Ability to give attention to detail is a must.
- Control a large volume of data.
- Ability to calculate mathematical values.
- Work in a fast-paced and deadline driven environment.
- Multi-task and prioritize workload and related tasks.
- Operate well under stress.
- Plan and organize work.
- Establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships.
- Work effectively as a team member.
- Maintain control of primary source documents.
- Meet schedules and timelines.
- Communicate both orally and in writing in a clear and concise manner.
A minimum of three (3) to five (5) years of document control experience in a fast-paced environment. Demonstrated ability to pay attention to detail. Experience in a construction environment is preferred. High level of proficiency in in excel spreadsheets, formatting, formulas and pivot tables.
Minimum of a high school diploma or equivalent is required. Prefer a certificate program graduate, associate degree college graduate. Experience as a control document specialist in an engineering or architectural environment can be substituted for a college degree or certificate program credentials.
Medical, Dental, Vision, Vacation and Sick leave.