Durango , CO 81303
Posted 4 months ago
The Project Managers primary function will be to provide project management, leadership, and coordination for a wide range of projects and initiatives that tie directly to the execution of company strategy. Projects will vary in type and scope (i.e. software integration, supply chain and market research/analytics, opening new regional locations) and, as such, the Project Manager will benefit from varied professional experiences, an inquisitive nature, and the drive and ability to learn new things quickly. The Project Manager will coordinate across functional departments to develop customer and stakeholder driven requirements, project charter, and overall plans that support the organizations strategic direction and complement other projects/programs within the broader portfolio. The Project Manager will ensure that teams execute tasks in accordance with StoneAge Project Management processes. This position requires a proactive self-starter who has strong communication/influencing skills, the ability to foster an environment of teamwork and high performance, a collaborative spirit, a deep commitment to continuous improvement, strong decision making and prioritization capabilities, sound reasoning and judgement, and the ability to say no when required.
The Project Manager will be part of StoneAges Project Management as a Discipline (PMAD) department whose charter is to manage the companys overall strategic project portfolio, execute projects in order of importance (strategic, business plan, return on investment, expand capability), ensure project execution is consistent with best practices and processes, and pro-actively seek new opportunities (projects) across the organization to better serve customers, optimize business processes and functions, and improve profitability.
This position reports to the Program Manager - PMAD.
At StoneAge, we care deeply about providing great customer service and turning professional challenges into opportunities. If you want to join an outstanding team, make impacts to help grow our business, and live in a beautiful mountain community, we strongly encourage you to apply.
Who we are: StoneAge is a progressive, employee-owned engineering/manufacturing company with a 35+-year history as a global leader in supplying waterblast technology solutions. We have abundant growth opportunities and are looking for high performing teammates who desire to be part of a forward thinking, highly innovative, and close-knit team. We have been named as one of Outside Magazine's Best Places to Work (2016 and 2017)!
Where we are: Our headquarters is in beautiful Durango, Colorado with a population of roughly 17,000. While we are a small town located far from major cities, our community is progressive and considered to be one of the top micropolitan towns in the United States. Located at the edge of the San Juan Mountains and a short drive from Mesa Verde National Park, Arches National Park, and Purgatory Ski Resort, Durango offers amazing opportunities for skiing, snowboarding, kayaking, camping, hiking, mountain biking, climbing, and fishing.
If youd like to learn more about a unique and amazing place to live and work, we would like to hear from you. Please submit your resume and a cover letter explaining why StoneAge and Durango might be right for you. You can also visit our website www.stoneagetools.com/jobs to find links about the Durango area as well as additional information about our company, products, and committed employee owners.
The Project Manager is expected to do (personally or through team collaboration) the following:
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with internal/external customers and project stakeholders.
- Gather and analyze requirements - technical, internal/external customer, or strategic - to guide program development, project prioritization, and timing.
- Partner cross-functionally to build project roadmaps within StoneAges project portfolio. Coordinate between projects to ensure they are benefitting each other and aligning with overall business goals.
- Support project stakeholders in the development of project business plans.
- Lead agile projects solve problems, work with management to remove roadblocks, develop and implement risk mitigations, manage and communicate with transparency.
- Produce accurate and timely reporting of program and project status to all stakeholders.
- Maintain companywide communication about project milestones and performance.
- Develop and execute projects in keeping with StoneAge Project Management best practices and processes. Utilize project management methodologies that best support project scope, achievement of company goals, resource requirements, timeframe, and expected deliverables.
- Partner with the Program Manager to optimally incorporate Agile project management methodologies and ways of thinking across the organization.
- Work with the PMAD team to assess project impact, resources, and timing across projects/programs.
- Follow the PMAD Scope change process to identify, vet, and address proposed project scope changes.
- Identify special tasks and resource requirements and coordinate with team members to meet those needs.
- Facilitate communication between team members to ensure task completion.
- Implement and manage project schedule changes to achieve project outputs.
- Perform project evaluations and lessons learned assessments.
- Proactively work to address issues and improve processes.
- Utilize Lean methods and tools to drive improvement across the organization.
- Report and escalate issues to management as required and in real time.
- Perform risk assessment, management and or mitigation to ensure project success.
- Perform additional tasks as requested by the Program Manager.
- Have 5+ years of Project Management or related experience in a manufacturing environment. Agile Project Management experience is desired.
- Be a positive and proactive leader that results in effective implementation and management of change.
- Be committed to Safety First.
- Be customer service oriented, exhibiting flexibility and agility as to meet customer needs.
- Possess excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Have an appreciation for business strategy and drivers.
- Pursue continuous improvement in both a personal and team oriented professional context. Lean training and or certification is desired.
- Be capable of effectively influencing and providing direction to employees from different departments and hold them accountable to deadlines.
- Anticipate and communicate potential problems and adapt to changing timelines and design specifications and/or delays that occur and implement necessary adjustments.
- Have ability to establish and maintain positive working relationships with other employees and to communicate and interact effectively with management and team members at all levels through both verbal and written means.
- Have a good understanding of StoneAges products and services.
- Possess a strong working knowledge of Project Management tools and methodologies, including Smartsheet or Jira (or other project management software), ERP systems and MS Office software.
- Extended working hours may be needed at peak times or when short staffed.
- Must be able to stand for extended periods of time.
- Some travel may be required.
In addition to providing competitive wages, StoneAge also offers a benefits package that includes:
- A flexible work schedule
- Paid holidays and vacation
- Health, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance
- Long term disability insurance
- 401K retirement plan with company match
- Employee ownership (ESOP)
- Paid parental leave
- On-site employee fitness center, open 24/7
- Worksite Wellness cash rewards program
- A fun and rewarding work environment