Project Manager - NY
Albany , NY 12201
Posted 2 weeks ago
The Project Manager leads the project teams and works in partnership with our Superintendents to oversee the build of safe, high quality, profitable projects, while beating the estimate budgets and improving the total Operating Profit margin over the original bid. The Project Managers role is key to fostering great client relations and developing our employees.
This position is responsible for safe work plans, client negotiations, risk management, cost estimation, contract management and execution strategy. In addition, the Project Manager is responsible for the business side of the project, managing the full P&L as well as business development.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Passionately builds the team by attracting, interviewing, assessing, mentoring and retaining Top Performers.
- Leads and enforces the safety policies and procedures and addresses non-compliance among all employees, subcontractors and vendors.
- Leads the project team by building and motivating team members to meet project goals, adhering to their responsibilities and project milestones.
- Manage and oversee field operation and engineering processes and procedures.
- Drive enforcement of safety protocols by the project teams.
- Oversees the execution of the project with the Quality Management System.
- Utilizes daily huddles to promote communication, resolve issues and share ideas, so the projects are expeditiously and profitably constructed.
- Leads the development of the project schedule with the Superintendent and ensures the team is executing to the plan.
- Maximizes cash flow by ensuring the team is adhering to the project invoicing schedule and ensures the team accurately documents and submits all receivables, quantity as-builts, change orders and claims.
- Produces complete subcontracts and ensures all subcontractors execute to the agreement and the companys standards. Ensures the required documentation is received in a timely manner.
- Estimates, prices and negotiates owner initiated extra work, change of scope items, and contract deletions to maximize profits.
- Manage project and program issues and risks to mitigate impacts.
- Participate in establishing practices, templates, policies, tools and partnerships to expand and mature these capabilities for the organization.
- Provide status reporting regarding project milestones, deliverable, dependencies, risks and issues, communicating across leadership.
- Assist in dispute, negotiation, arbitration or litigation, as needed.
- Actively develops client relations to generate opportunities for new work.
- Actively participates in Marketing and Presales department activities to develop capture plans, teaming strategies, technical approach and bid strategies.
- Prepare estimates and detailed project plans
- Monitor staff performance and perform detailed performance reviews.
- Bachelors Degree in Engineering or Construction Management or related field with 5-7 years of experience or equivalent. Track record of achievement and career progression.
- Strong leadership, diplomatic and motivational skills including the ability to lead up, across and down the organization.
- Experience leading, motivating and managing various project and program team sizes, including internal and external resources, while holding team accountable for performance.
- Successfully led and managed complex portfolios valued at $30 million
- Demonstrated success in the Project Management function of a construction firm.
- Proven success managing subcontractors and developing and executing innovative project changes.
- Success developing cost to completes, costing and pricing Change Orders, and maximizing profits.
- Demonstrated ability to read, understand and interpret contract and insurance documents and
- forms, and make appropriate recommendations.
- Background in project start-up meetings, subcontractor and vendor buyouts, owner estimates, sub / vendor requisitions and cost to completes.
- Experience in successfully leading projects and programs to on-time, on-schedule and within budget close
- Experience influencing and gaining buy-in from senior leadership, team members, and peers
- Entrepreneurial with a well-rounded business perspective.
- Excellent teamwork, communication and people skills a must.
- Has a solid time management system and demonstrates excellent organizational skills
- Working Knowledge of MS Word, Excel, Project, SharePoint, P6 Primavera and BlueBeam software with experience presenting to Senior Leadership.
- Demonstrated decisiveness in resolving project issues, making decisions and identifying priorities.
- Must be open to travel or relocation
*All applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment must take a pre-employment drug test and receive a negative result as a condition of hire.
About CS Energy
Do you want to work in the exciting and rapidly growing renewable energy industry? Do you thrive in the dynamic and ambitious environment where you can see the impact of your work in real time? Are you ambitious and results oriented? If so, CS Energy is looking for you. CS Energy is a leading integrated energy company that designs and builds optimized projects in the solar, storage, and emerging energy industries for our customers across the United States. CS Energy is jointly owned by Ares Infrastructure and Power and The Conti Group. We are an extremely bankable company with over $350 million of bonding capacity, a strong balance sheet, and established banking relationships required to fund our operations. CS Energy has over 140 employees and are currently executing projects in all regions of the United States.
Ares Infrastructure and Power strategy seeks to provide flexible capital for cash-generating assets across the climate infrastructure, natural gas generation, and energy transportation sectors. Ares Infrastructure and Power leverages a broadly skilled and cohesive team of more than 25 investment professionals with deep domain experience and has deployed $8 billion of capital in over 140 investments and more than 200 different infrastructure and power assets and companies. Ares Management Corporation is a leading global alternative investment manager operating three integrated businesses across Credit, Private Equity and Real Estate. Ares Managements investment groups collaborate to deliver innovative investment solutions and consistent and attractive investment returns for fund investors throughout market cycles. Ares Managements global platform had $144 billion of assets under management as of September 30, 2019 and employs approximately 1,200 employees in over 20 offices across four continents. Please visit www.aresmgmt.com for additional information.
The Conti Group is a privately held group of companies spanning the construction, engineering, renewable energy, real estate, technology and biotech markets whose mission is to create positive impact and great value for customers, partners, employees, and society.
CS Energy is an equal opportunity employer.
CS Energy has great benefits. We provide medical, dental and vision. Life insurance, 401(k) matching plan, EAP, wellness programs and many other optional programs are offered as well.