The Project Manager is responsible for the overall management of project tracks within an enterprise IT program. The project tracks are large IT centric applications or infrastructure projects and project teams made up of globally distributed technical and business teams having internal and vendor resources to deliver solutions and services to clients. Projects vary in scope and degrees, are larger with progressively increasing responsibility, complexity, and impact. The Project Manager follows the standards, methodologies, policies, and processes established by the leadership team in regard to communication and issue resolution as well as accountability for all aspects of project delivery.
The PM will collaborate with subject matter experts to translate project objectives and requirements into schedules and tasks. The PM needs to possess a practical understanding of the businesses they support, at an industry and market level, allowing them to incorporate key elements into an initiative. Candidate needs to demonstrate experience managing medium to large scale projects/programs and budgets. They must have experience in supporting finance, Sales and supply chain units.
• Create and track program and project plans, milestones, deliverables, and budget
• Oversees the ongoing review of projects(s) status; identifies risks and developments, recommends and implements solutions as appropriate. Ensures alignment to strategic priorities.
• Lead project status meetings
• Coordinate with IT directors, Business Managers, Resource Managers and IT PMO Manager for resource assignments, creation of project deliverables, issue resolution and escalation
• Maintain an issues & risks log; pro-actively work to resolve the issues/risks and monitor progress on resolution
• Follow company change control processes
• Coordinate with business sponsor for project updates and business line deliverables such as marketing materials, training procedures (SOP)
• Develop PowerPoint presentations for periodic executive management updates
• Maintain project budgets including monthly accruals and forecasts
• Follows project management methodology which includes, but is not limited to: Security review, Requirements, Risk, Testing, Architecture and design, Production readiness. Apply Change Management Methodology as appropriate
Qualifications and Requirements
• Proficiency within several of the following disciplines; leadership skills, self-motivated, detail oriented, ability to handle multiple projects, ability to problem solve and bring resolution.
• Have a good understanding ITIL fundamentals.
• Have experience in Agile development methodology along with proficiency in Jira
• Have strong communication skills, both written and oral
• Able to manage large complex projects independently
• Established leadership skills in a matrix organization structure
• Strong understanding of MS Office Tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio)
• Candidate must have technical knowledge of enterprise IT application deployment and support
• Ability to effectively manage time, prioritize work, multi-task across many assignments and delegates
• Ability to assess the impact of new requirements on an existing set of complex projects
• Strong technical writing skills producing clear and unambiguous deliverables
• Excellent planning, reporting, conflict management and organizational skills
• Must possess attitude of empowerment – be able to successfully lead a team of self-organizers
• Accountability – take ownership and responsibility for all assignments and ensure they are followed through to completion
• Demonstrated record of accomplishment of successfully delivering infrastructure and/or software development projects, including project scope, schedule, resources, quality, costs and change management