Management Solutions, LLC
Knoxville , TN
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
What you will do:
Are you seeking something challenging? Management Solutions is always looking for strong talent to join our team. At our core, we understand that the key component that underlies everything in business is the people. Great companies cannot be successful without them. We look for technically skilled achievers who think critically, love to solve problems, and are passionate about pursuing comprehensive excellence in their lives.The Project Manage
r position has responsibility to work collaboratively with clients and project team for the coordination and completion of projects. The position will work onsite 1-2 days per week in Oak Ridge, TN and also remotely.
The primary role is effectively managing schedule and resource needs of projects and addressing obstacles to project success. Tracks deadlines, assignments, and monitors project progress. Provides expertise and develops methods, techniques, guidelines and templates for project completion. Performs duties with a maintained focus on customer satisfaction.Responsibilities:
- Supports client in delivering project on-time and within budget.
- Build and maintain strong client and project team relationships for the success of projects; interface with customer at project meetings.
- Perform effective teamwork among functional teams (management, engineering, and quality teams) and provide day to day direction for core team on assigned projects.
- Responsible for implementation of PM principles/practices on a project or system.
- Develop tools, methods, techniques, guidelines and templates for implementation of PM.
- Responsible for planning and monitoring for small to mid-level projects in the life cycle phases of the startup, interim and close out.
- Track project resource needs and contingency plans for key resources.
- Work with project team on planning portfolio of project schedules. Communicates deviations from timeline projections and propose solutions for delays and deviations.
- Provide proactive and creative recommendations on how to meet goals and handle identified deviations.
- Identify and present project related issues and facilitate resolutions both in and across function team.
- Identify new opportunities with existing customers and new prospects and report findings to manager.
- Prepare and analyze status reports.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelors Degree required
- 10 + years of work experience in the field or in a related area
- PMP certification preferred
- Prosci change management certification (Desirable)
- Experience in federal environment is preferred
- Basic understanding of resource-loaded scheduling
- Microsoft Project or Primavera P6 experience
- Proficient user of MS Office applications (intermediate user of MS Excel)
- Advanced level understanding of PM principles
- Strong analytical/problem resolution skills
- Must have excellent verbal/written communication skills and effective interpersonal skills
- Ability to obtain a security clearance (or currently hold a security clearance from DOD or DOE)
Management Solutions, LLC (MSLLC) is a national award-winning management consulting firm that specializes in improving organizational performance through proven sustainable solutions, customized to meet our clients and partners needs.Founded in 2002 by Misty Mayes, MSLLC has been named Small Business of the Year by the U.S. Small Business Administration, the Department of Energy and the Oak Ridge National Laboratory. MSLLC was also recently selected as one of the Top Employers in the Greater Knoxville area.MSLLC is highly committed to helping our clients manage and mitigate the risks associated with the uncertainties that accompany projects. Wefocus on providing technical knowledge, enhancing professional standards and developing innovative solutions that increase productivity and add business value for our clients.Work is generally performed within an office environment, with standard office equipment available. Work may be performed at the client site, a remote office, and/or MSLLC offices. Work is mostly sedentary in nature but may require occasional standing and walking. There are times the work may require you to wear issued safety equipment. Must have good vision and be able to read, write, and communicate fluently in English.Were an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status