JLM Strategic Talent Partners
Norfolk , VA 23501
Posted 1 week ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
JLM Strategic Talent Partners is currently looking for a Project Manager with experience in the construction industry to be a part of a major project in Norfolk, VA. This is an exciting opportunity to join a major project with a leading company in the industry. The Project Manager is responsible for the overall direction, completion, and financial outcome of a construction project.
- Overall responsibility for safety, quality, and budget for projects ranging in size
- Direct reports include: Field Superintendent, Project Engineer, Office Manager, QC, and Safety
- Prepare project status reports and works to ensure work adheres to contract specifications
- Lead and direct the work of others
- Communicate district and corporate information to the project team as well as keeping DM/ADM updated
- Direct and supervise work of project administration, project superintendents, and engineers to establish operation priorities and maintain satisfactory relationships
- Establish/Define/Promote values, expectations, and performance standards for team and individual members in accordance with Lane's mission, vision, and values
- Create and execute project work plans
- Responsible for the overall management of the project (e.g. resources, schedule) to ensure complete solution is delivered on time and within budget.
- Assist the District Manager and Corporate with setting up major equipment and Plant/Project needs.
- Manage cost and program documentation.
- Effectively oversee subcontract management
- Coach and develop staff
- Implement and monitor Safety and Hazard communication programs
- Monitor Quality Control and hold supervisors accountable for their products
- Carry out job duties while maintaining Lane values
- And other duties as assigned
- BS in Civil Engineering or Construction Management preferred but not mandatory
- MUST have a minimum of 10 years of project experience in tunnel construction
- Minimum 5 years of project management experience in construction
- Familiar with grading, drainage, paving (asphalt and concrete), bridge construction, retaining walls, and all other highway construction scopes
- Creativity and innovation are a must
- Must have excellent team building skills
- Strong working knowledge of Excel and Word
- Strong prioritization and organizational skills; detail-oriented
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
JLM Strategic Talent Partners is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, medical condition, disability, marital status, or protected veteran status.